Not to Worry

A place to discuss issues related to the end times and Bible prohecy.

Moderator: Igotsunshine

DMcKay

Not to Worry

Post by DMcKay » Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:54 am

My Brothers and Sisters,

I know that there is so much depression and worry about the direction of this country now that Obama has won the Presidential Election. Remember no one come to a position of authority unless god gives it to them. This included Tiberius Caesar and Pontius Pilate under whom Jesus was murdered. God is Totally sovereign and nothing takes Him by surprise.

If he does come forward and says that he actually is Musil, this might put him in a position where he might be able to make he treaty with Israel and the Arab nations to allow Israel to live in peace and build the Temple over the Mosque of Omar (or the dome of the Rock), but if that happens, the church will be watching from heaven. We will not be here.

Now if there are family member whom you have been putting of sharing the Gospel with until the last minute, you might want to move that project up on your list, but there is nothing to fear. It is my view that there is no mention of the USA in Biblical Prophecy. This means that either there isn't a USA in the end times, or the USA has become a third rate nation and will be aligned with the rest of the world against Israel. But we still WON'T BE HERE!!!!

Don M

GeorgiaS
CR member
CR member

Re: Not to Worry

Post by GeorgiaS » Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:54 pm

There is a pattern forming, Pastor Don, that I see. Increasing persecution, more decadence, and political unrest and wars. Just recently the incident between India and Pakistan brought to mind how we never know when. Both have the atom bomb. These are increasingly difficult times. With each generation the cycle of the pattern speeds up and the end time manisfests more and more. I see a world-wide revival is at hand and am praying for this. Thank you for your reassuring words. I hope you are healing from your physical troubles so that you will soon be here more. I would like to see you in the chat room of CR. God's will be done always for He want's only good for his children. You are in my prayers. Come quickly, Lord Jesus!

DMcKay wrote:My Brothers and Sisters,

I know that there is so much depression and worry about the direction of this country now that Obama has won the Presidential Election. Remember no one come to a position of authority unless god gives it to them. This included Tiberius Caesar and Pontius Pilate under whom Jesus was murdered. God is Totally sovereign and nothing takes Him by surprise.

If he does come forward and says that he actually is Musil, this might put him in a position where he might be able to make he treaty with Israel and the Arab nations to allow Israel to live in peace and build the Temple over the Mosque of Omar (or the dome of the Rock), but if that happens, the church will be watching from heaven. We will not be here.

Now if there are family member whom you have been putting of sharing the Gospel with until the last minute, you might want to move that project up on your list, but there is nothing to fear. It is my view that there is no mention of the USA in Biblical Prophecy. This means that either there isn't a USA in the end times, or the USA has become a third rate nation and will be aligned with the rest of the world against Israel. But we still WON'T BE HERE!!!!

Don M

DMcKay

Post by DMcKay » Thu Dec 04, 2008 3:32 am

GeorgiaS,

I agree there is a pattern forming. But I have to tell you that every generation since Christ ascended into heaven has lived under the doctrine of the imminent return of Christ. It can happen at any time. I spent many years deeply studying Bible prophecy, especially related to the end times. So much so that at one time I had in my personal library almost every book written on Biblical prophecy. On top of that, as a Pastor you suddenly get signed up for every mailing list out there. I have a collection of booklets that were written by well-meaning Bible Teachers who started out their paper with, "Jesus hath certainly said that no man knoweth the hour of His return," BUT and then they would go on to explain how that that was meant just for the time when Jesus said it. As we have gotten into the latter days we have grown in knowledge such as it was foretold in Daniel and now they can predict with a certainty the day and hour that Jesus was coming to take the church home. It still hasn't happened. And the authors of all those booklets have destroyed their credibility.

There is only one possible thing that we can actually look to as being true today that wasn't true before 1948 that could possibly indicate that these are really the last days. The Prophecy about the last days says that Israel will be in the land of Israel in unbelief, because they have to be forced out of Israel in their unbelief by the anti-christ to be brought back to the land in belief when the Messiah comes. From 70 AD till 1948 there was no nation of Israel in the land, but God could scatter them again and bring them back again in another 2000 years and it still wouldn't change Bible Prophecy.

One of the books that I had in my library was written by a Southern Baptist pastor shortly after the Civil War. He very carefully laid out all of his observations which he said proved that the Lord would be returning to the Earth during his lifetime. I must have missed that one. Several of the cult groups were started as a result of their setting dates for the return of the Lord. The JWs blew it, then they said they got it wrong, Jesus returned to the Earth to live invisibly in the WatchTower Publication House, I believe it is in New Jersey.

The Seventh Day Adventists started out as a Baptist group that set a date for the Lord's return. When He didn't come back the group was in disarray and was close to breaking up completely. Then a young woman by the name of Ellen G White came up with her revelation That they had the reason for the date wrong. On the day that they had thought that Jesus was coming back He was really only just then allowed into the Holy Record Room in the Temple in Heaven and He is now studying the records of the lives of all the people who proclaim that they are Christians and He is trying to determine which of those "believers" have lived a good enough life for Him to apply His grace upon them and allow them to be saved. So even a strong SDA who lives for the work of their church won't know until they are welcomed into heaven whether or not they were "Good" enough.

I had an elderly gentleman in my church in Phoenix. He had a habit of responding to those that said something to him about it looked like the return of Christ was closer than ever, "I think not!" When asked why he always responded that way he said, "Well, Jesus said that it will be on a day when you think not."

Don M

James4_14

Post by James4_14 » Wed Jan 21, 2009 6:41 am

Yes Brother Don. Another scattering may come.

Ezek 38:8 After many days thou shalt be visited: in the latter years thou shalt come into the land that is brought back from the sword, and is gathered out of many people, against the mountains of Israel, which have been always waste: but it is brought forth out of the nations, and they shall dwell safely all of them.

Noone is to say when. NO timeline has been set except for the Father Himself.

:pray:
Acts 28 Believer

Return to “End Times & Prophecy”