EZEKIEL Pastor John W. Brown
Armageddon Part 1
A. Our study this morning and possibly for the next 2 weeks, will be in Chapters 38 and 39 of Ezekiel.
1. They are most likely to be the most familiar chapters of all the book of Ezekiel.
2. The Lord continues to deal with Israel and here we see Israel during the â€œlast daysâ€.
a) Remember, we saw in Chapter 37 that the Lord has a definite plan for Israelâ€™s future and these chapters deal with that future â€“ and the Israelâ€™s final enemy.
(1) I believe that final enemy to be Russia â€“ of course doing satanâ€™s work through the antichrist.
II. EZEK 38:1 (NKJV) NOW THE WORD OF THE LORD CAME TO ME, SAYING, 2 "SON OF MAN, SET YOUR FACE AGAINST GOG, OF THE LAND OF MAGOG, THE PRINCE OF ROSH, MESHECH, AND TUBAL, AND PROPHESY AGAINST HIM,
A. First we see Gog, of the land of Magog.
1. The word Gog is another word for â€œrulerâ€. Some other words that are used to describe Gog are â€œmountainâ€ or â€œroofâ€ or the â€œman on topâ€.
a) So this is the ruler or dictator of the land of Magog, Rosh, Meshech, and Tubal.
b) In Hebrew the word Magog is â€œRoshâ€ â€“ which we see next.
(1) Over half-century ago, Dean Stanley â€“ author of â€œHistory of History of the Eastern Churchâ€ said that the word â€œRoshâ€ should be Russia!
(a) And there are those who say that Meshech and Tubal are the early origins of the Russian cities of Moscow and Tobolsk.
(b) The Jewish historian Josephus also believed this to be the area where Russia is today.
III. EZEK 38:2 (NKJV) "SON OF MAN, SET YOUR FACE AGAINST GOG, OF THE LAND OF MAGOG, THE PRINCE OF ROSH, MESHECH, AND TUBAL, AND PROPHESY AGAINST HIM, 3 "AND SAY, `THUS SAYS THE LORD GOD: "BEHOLD, I [AM] AGAINST YOU, O GOG, THE PRINCE OF ROSH, MESHECH, AND TUBAL. 4 "I WILL TURN YOU AROUND, PUT HOOKS INTO YOUR JAWS, AND LEAD YOU OUT, WITH ALL YOUR ARMY, HORSES, AND HORSEMEN, ALL SPLENDIDLY CLOTHED, A GREAT COMPANY [WITH] BUCKLERS AND SHIELDS, ALL OF THEM HANDLING SWORDS. 5 "PERSIA, ETHIOPIA, AND LIBYA ARE WITH THEM, ALL OF THEM [WITH] SHIELD AND HELMET; 6 "GOMER AND ALL ITS TROOPS; THE HOUSE OF TOGARMAH [FROM] THE FAR NORTH AND ALL ITS TROOPS--MANY PEOPLE [ARE] WITH YOU.
A. As we see here, long before there was a â€œRussiaâ€ â€“ the Lord was against them!
1. Why would the Lord be â€œagainstâ€ anyone or any nation?
a) The only reason would be that they were against Him!
b) Russian has for many years bragged to the effect that they are an atheistic nation.
c) They have been a nation without God and proud of it.
(1) Stalin once said, â€œWe have deposed the scars of the earth, and we shall now dethrone the Lord of heaven.â€
(2) When the Russian Sputnik passed the moon and was headed for the sun, this message came over their radio, â€œOur rocket as bypassed the moon. It is nearing the sun. We have not discovered God. We have turned out lights in heaven that no man will be able to put on again. We are breaking the yoke of the gospel, the opiate of the masses. Let us go forth and Christ be relegated to mythology.â€
(a) I guess they expected the Lord to be hiding on the other side of the moon and when they didnâ€™t see Him â€“ concluded that He didnâ€™t exist and therefore that man them the â€œtop banana.â€
d) According to these scriptures there will be a few other nations that will join is this assault against Israel.
(1) We see Persia = (Iran), Ethiopia = (Sudan) Lybia, Gomer â€“ which is modern day Germany, and Togarmah = (Turkey)
(2) All of these nations will assemble under the leadership of Gog = the leader of Russia at the time and the will assault Israel from the north.
(a) They may not know it, but it will actually be the Lord that has set â€œthe hook in their jawâ€. Meaning that He, once again, is ultimately in charge of this world and the one thereafter!
IV. EZEK 38:9 (NKJV) "YOU WILL ASCEND, COMING LIKE A STORM, COVERING THE LAND LIKE A CLOUD, YOU AND ALL YOUR TROOPS AND MANY PEOPLES WITH YOU." 10 `THUS SAYS THE LORD GOD: "ON THAT DAY IT SHALL COME TO PASS [THAT] THOUGHTS WILL ARISE IN YOUR MIND, AND YOU WILL MAKE AN EVIL PLAN: 11 "YOU WILL SAY, `I WILL GO UP AGAINST A LAND OF UNWALLED VILLAGES; I WILL GO TO A PEACEFUL PEOPLE, WHO DWELL SAFELY, ALL OF THEM DWELLING WITHOUT WALLS, AND HAVING NEITHER BARS NOR GATES'-- 12 "TO TAKE PLUNDER AND TO TAKE BOOTY, TO STRETCH OUT YOUR HAND AGAINST THE WASTE PLACES [THAT] [ARE] [AGAIN] INHABITED, AND AGAINST A PEOPLE GATHERED FROM THE NATIONS, WHO HAVE ACQUIRED LIVESTOCK AND GOODS, WHO DWELL IN THE MIDST OF THE LAND. 13 "SHEBA, DEDAN, THE MERCHANTS OF TARSHISH, AND ALL THEIR YOUNG LIONS WILL SAY TO YOU, `HAVE YOU COME TO TAKE PLUNDER? HAVE YOU GATHERED YOUR ARMY TO TAKE BOOTY, TO CARRY AWAY SILVER AND GOLD, TO TAKE AWAY LIVESTOCK AND GOODS, TO TAKE GREAT PLUNDER?' " ' 14 "THEREFORE, SON OF MAN, PROPHESY AND SAY TO GOG, `THUS SAYS THE LORD GOD: "ON THAT DAY WHEN MY PEOPLE ISRAEL DWELL SAFELY, WILL YOU NOT KNOW [IT]? 15 "THEN YOU WILL COME FROM YOUR PLACE OUT OF THE FAR NORTH, YOU AND MANY PEOPLES WITH YOU, ALL OF THEM RIDING ON HORSES, A GREAT COMPANY AND A MIGHTY ARMY. 16 "YOU WILL COME UP AGAINST MY PEOPLE ISRAEL LIKE A CLOUD, TO COVER THE LAND. IT WILL BE IN THE LATTER DAYS THAT I WILL BRING YOU AGAINST MY LAND, SO THAT THE NATIONS MAY KNOW ME, WHEN I AM HALLOWED IN YOU, O GOG, BEFORE THEIR EYES."
A. As we see it will be a time when Israel will assume that they are at peace.
1. This time - corresponds with the first 3-Â½ years of the tribulation when the church has already been raptured, and antichrist has made a peace-treaty with Israel.
a) 1The 5:2 (NKJV) For you yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so comes as a thief in the night. 3 For when they say, "Peace and safety!" then sudden destruction comes upon them, as labor pains upon a pregnant woman. And they shall not escape.
(1) 3 Â½ years into that peace treaty it will be broken and that is when this war will take place.
(a) Reve 6:4 (NKJV) Another horse, fiery red, went out. And it was granted to the one who sat on it to take peace from the earth, and that [people] should kill one another; and there was given to him a great sword.
B. A great question about now would be, â€œWhy would these nations want to war against Israel?â€
1. The reason: economics, economics, and economics!
2. Even as I write the outline, many Russians are starving to death! The economics are horrible.
a) There are many in Russia that believes it was better the â€œold wayâ€ under communistic rule.
(1) And there are those seeking power to return her to her old ways.
3. No nation can be great without the oil of the middle east.
a) When the Suez Canal is not available â€“ much of the oil is off-loaded to Israel and transported across the country to the Mediterranean ports on the other side.
(1) If anyone wanted to cut of the worldâ€™s oil supply â€“ which â€œcanalâ€ do you think they would target first?
4. Another reason would have to be the riches being mined in the Dead Sea.
a) It is estimated that the Dead Sea contains:
(1) 2 billion tons of potassium chloride (potash for enriching the soil)
(2) 22 billion tons of magnesium chloride
(3) 6 billion tons of calcium chloride
(4) 12 billion tons of sodium chloride (salt)
(5) It even contains gold!
(a) Any dictatorial, heathen nation would love to have the wealth of Israel.
(i) But it was the Lord that placed this all there as â€œbaitâ€ to draw them into Israel because He has a plan!
A. Ezek 38:18 (NKJV) "And it will come to pass at the same time, when Gog comes against the land of Israel," says the Lord God, "[that] My fury will show in My face. 19 "For in My jealousy [and] in the fire of My wrath I have spoken: `Surely in that day there shall be a great earthquake in the land of Israel, 20 `so that the fish of the sea, the birds of the heavens, the beasts of the field, all creeping things that creep on the earth, and all men who [are] on the face of the earth shall shake at My presence. The mountains shall be thrown down, the steep places shall fall, and every wall shall fall to the ground.' 21 "I will call for a sword against Gog throughout all My mountains," says the Lord God. "Every man's sword will be against his brother. 22 "And I will bring him to judgment with pestilence and bloodshed; I will rain down on him, on his troops, and on the many peoples who [are] with him, flooding rain, great hailstones, fire, and brimstone. 23 "Thus I will magnify Myself and sanctify Myself, and I will be known in the eyes of many nations. Then they shall know that I [am] the Lord." '
1. 1. There is much more I want to share with you, but it will have to wait for â€œArmageddon Part 2.â€
A place to discuss issues related to the end times and Bible prohecy.
1 post • Page 1 of 1
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest