TOWER OF BABEL

A place to discuss issues related to the end times and Bible prohecy.

Moderator: Igotsunshine

GentleDove

TOWER OF BABEL

Post by GentleDove » Thu Feb 12, 2009 1:00 pm

This was originally written in 2002. I could probably write much more on this subjct. I will have to wait until God gives me the go-ahead.
Talking about mind control, what single thing can control us more than a computer? You can get addicted to it so easily. You can forget everything else and before you know it, time has gotten away from you. None of your usual chores have gotten done. They are still sitting there waiting for your attention. I wanted a computer but I didn’t want to get on the internet. I was afraid of it. Cyber space was something way beyond my understanding. It was scary. I was afraid I’d get out there and not know how to get back. Then one day several years ago I knew God wanted me to get on the web. He worked it all out for me and here I am! It’s amazing to me.

Once I learned to use it and find my way around, it became quite an adventure. Any idea that came to my mind, I could find it by typing in a couple simple words. It was exciting. For one who was so afraid to get on the internet, I got addicted pretty quick. I spent a good bit of my waking hours on it and often neglected some necessary things. Now I finally learned to balance my time more and I can walk away from it.

“And the whole earth was of one language, and of one speech.” (Genesis 11:1) Men were getting smart. They decided to build a great tower that would reach unto heaven. They wanted a name for themselves. The Lord came down to see what they did. “And the Lord said, behold, the people is one, and they have all one language, and this they begin to do: and now nothing will be restrained from them, which they have imagined to do. Go to, let us go down, and there confound their language, that they may not understand one another’s speech.” (Genesis 11:6-7) The building had to quit. No one understood another as to what was needed.”

Man is building his Tower of Babel with the computer. It has a language all its own. A computer is called “user friendly”. We make friends with it. We make friends with computer users all over the world. This is one language they do understand. I got an email from a woman in Korea. I discovered that she had written in Korean. When it got to me, this machine could translate it into English almost immediately! Wow! She gets my letters in her own language. I would never begin to learn Korean. She is trying to learn English.

This world has shrunk! I remember the days you had to wait at least a couple days to get a letter from just a few miles away. Today with just a click of a “mouse”, you can receive a letter almost as soon as the writer clicks the send button. I have friends in Australia, Africa, Canada, Ireland and many parts of the U.S.A. They are so close! Even if you were to fly to those places, it would just be a matter of a few hours---a computerized plane!

I first wrote this back in 1999 before the Y2K concern. It may not be relevant right now but some of the principles still stand. God could have said: “Let us confound their language” and let the whole system break down.. But man could have taken credit for knowing what was going to happen. Imagine the mess if it had happened. There was a man in the church I attended who was working with the rest of the experts to get every thing in order before the final hour. Remember every country had a different time. This man said that hardly any of the systems were any where near ready. God choose to let everything go on as it was in spite of man’s feeling of power that he alone could fix it. God still had His use for the computer.

This scripture could easily be used for the computer catastrophe: Luke 21:25-26 “And there shall be signs in the sun, and in the moon, and in the stars; and upon the earth distress of nations, with perplexity (confusion); and for looking on those things which are coming on the earth: for the powers of heaven shall be shaken.” I only put emphasis on the distress of nations and confusion. Just about everything is run by computers today; everything is controlled by computers. We are all at the mercy of such inanimate objects.

From time to time, a computer will break down. If it’s at a hospital, many lives are in danger if some equipment won’t work until the computer is fixed. At the bank, our finances are in jeopardy. Our cars may not run. I laugh when someone says they would never have a computer. Do they have microwaves or VCR’s and T.V.? What isn’t computerized? The point is we are under control of technology. But the one really in control of EVERYTHING is still God. How far will He let man go on thinking he is so clever?

Is this all part of God’s plan when the anti Christ appears on the scene after God’s people have been raptured? The mark of the beast? There is talk about different implants in a person’s forehead or hand. Some senior citizens got them with their social security #’s on them. Otherwise they may forget them. Dogs were given implants so they could be found easier?

I didn’t plan to get into this. I found a site that talks about all this. I won’t write any more about it until I learn more. This should give you something to think about. ARE YOU READY FOR THE RETURN OF JESUS? Things in Revelation 13 are all lining up. Read verses 15-18.

God’s timetable is never wrong? How is your timing? It is time to wake up.

God bless you.

p.s. FOR THE POWERS OF HEAVEN SHALL BE SHAKEN. It has been happening and now on a greater scale. Fires, floods, high winds , tornados etc all at once in different places.

Look uP! Redemption draws near. Draw closer to God. God bless you.

everready

Re: TOWER OF BABEL

Post by everready » Thu Feb 12, 2009 2:16 pm

The days are getting shorter, now more than ever we need to be in the word
of God. Be wise as the serpent and gentle as a dove. Look into your neighbors
eyes apathy is rampant, fear is the watch word, no longer able to make excuses
the world is coming to realize we are right and they don't care. A modern day
Nero will throw all caution to the wind and find a way to put the blame on
Christians, next stop the mark of the beast as our current economy crumbles.
New laws are being enforced, Sodomites are the norm the spirit of Anti-Christ
is everywhere seeking to overthrow Gods laws establishing new laws. Jesus is
coming and he's coming soon.

everready

Isaiah 26:3 Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee.

Joyful

Post by Joyful » Thu Feb 12, 2009 4:14 pm

Look uP! Redemption draws near. Draw closer to God.

:gpt Amen there's no doubt the coming of the Lord is closer then people believe.
We need to watch and pray in this hour.
And i agree look up-the coming of the Lord draweth nigh :mwv

GentleDove

Post by GentleDove » Sun May 17, 2009 1:44 pm

People laugh when I say we don't have much time left. Reply "THEY have been saying that for years." I am 78 and I have seen many changes. Each change is worse than the last. Lord open their eyes before it's too late. :harp

Nyoka
CR member
CR member

Post by Nyoka » Sun May 17, 2009 8:21 pm

GentleDove wrote:People laugh when I say we don't have much time left. Reply "THEY have been saying that for years." I am 78 and I have seen many changes. Each change is worse than the last. Lord open their eyes before it's too late. :harp

Amen GentleDove. Those people who scoff at you have no idea that the bible says that there would be scoffers in the last days: 2Pe 3:3 Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts, 2Pe 3:4 And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation.

It is such a shame they can't see they are a sign of the last days.
Mat 6:33 But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness; and all these things shall be added to you.

Christians are not perfect - just forgiven

Return to “End Times & Prophecy”