Modern day prophets (Christian) with messages about the end

A place to discuss issues related to the end times and Bible prohecy.

Moderator: Igotsunshine

BobRyan

Modern day prophets (Christian) with messages about the end

Post by BobRyan » Tue Feb 17, 2009 3:04 pm

Anyone know any?

I recently saw a report by Christianity Today (I think that was the group reporting it) that of almost 1000 muslim converts to Christianity surveyed in the last 5 years or so -- 45% said that inspired dreams, visions angel-visits were involved in directing them to Christianity.

in Christ,

Bob

everready

Re: Modern day prophets (Christian) with messages about the end

Post by everready » Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:58 pm

BobRyan wrote:Anyone know any?

I recently saw a report by Christianity Today (I think that was the group reporting it) that of almost 1000 muslim converts to Christianity surveyed in the last 5 years or so -- 45% said that inspired dreams, visions angel-visits were involved in directing them to Christianity.

in Christ,

Bob

I found this Bob

Fourth was visions and dreams. Just last Tuesday I asked a missionary if he knew of experiences of signs and wonders. He spoke of a team of three missionaries, colleagues of his, who were paddling up a river on a boat, in a place where they had not been before. A woman called out to them from the shore, "Are you bringing the word of God?" They landed there and she told them she was the local religious leader. She had had a dream the night before that three men would come in a boat, bringing the word of God. This was not a Muslim community, but illustrates the same point: God is working through dreams and visions. Note that this cannot be ascribed to mere psychology; the information was too specific. The same is true of stories Moreland tells, for example of a Muslim man who walked up to a Christian missionary in a marketplace and said, "I had a dream last night that if I came to this marketplace at this time today, I would see a man wearing a blue jacket just like yours and he would tell me about God." In the survey report we read.

http://www.thinkingchristian.net/C24630 ... 026102809/
Isaiah 26:3 Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee.

larry

Re: Modern day prophets (Christian) with messages about the end

Post by larry » Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:35 pm

Dear Brethren, these things happening among the Muslims are reminiscent of what happened between Peter and Cornelius below. Today many so-called words of knowledge, and prophesy go forth much like a shotgun blast; they're sure to hit something. What it seems is happening among the Muslims is direct revelation as to the place, person, and thing to happen.

This is encouraging to my faith, though not a builder of it; only the word of God can do that. When we hear of things where God is truly moving in the lives of people, we can look up with hope in the very nearness of our Lord at the very door.

Acts 10:30 And Cornelius said, Four days ago I was fasting until this hour; and at the ninth hour I prayed in my house, and, behold, a man stood before me in bright clothing,
Acts 10:31 And said, Cornelius, thy prayer is heard, and thine alms are had in remembrance in the sight of God.
Acts 10:32 Send therefore to Joppa, and call hither Simon, whose surname is Peter; he is lodged in the house of one Simon a tanner by the sea side: who, when he cometh, shall speak unto thee.

Praise God for His presence and witness to our lives in Jesus' name - larry
All here stated in the name of the Lord Jesus hopefully to God's glory - larry

Return to “End Times & Prophecy”