Prophesies Of Daniel - Chapter Two

A place to discuss issues related to the end times and Bible prohecy.

Moderator: Igotsunshine

larry

Prophesies Of Daniel - Chapter Two

Post by larry » Sat Apr 11, 2009 4:29 am

Prophesies of Daniel - Chapter Two

by Gene Hawkins

~ transcribed and edited by larry from lecture ~

Chapter 2 - Part 1 of 2

( Part Two on First reply )

Daniel 2:1-9. "And in the second year of the reign of Nebuchadnezzar, Nebuchadnezzar dreamed dreams, wherewith his spirit was troubled, and his sleep brake from him." Notice that we are at the very outset of Nebuchadnezzar's reign, though he took the Jews captive really in his first year, and now then we are in his second year. And so he dreamed these dreams wherewith his spirit was troubled, and his sleep brake from him. 2 "Then the king commanded to call the magicians, and the astrologers, and the sorcerers, and the Chaldeans, for to shew the king his dreams. So they came and stood before the king. 3 And the king said unto them, I have dreamed a dream, and my spirit was troubled to know the dream." I want you to tell me what it means. 4 "Then spake the Chaldeans to the king in Syriack, O king, live for ever: tell thy servants the dream, and we will shew the interpretation." No that's not what I said. 5 "The king answered and said to the Chaldeans, The thing is gone from me: if ye will not make known unto me the dream, with the interpretation thereof, ye shall be cut in pieces, and your houses shall be made a dunghill." So this is a real reasonable fellow. I had a dream, I can't remember what it was, I want you to tell me what it was and give me the interpretation, and if you don't, I'm going to cut all the wise men in this place to absolute pieces. But the alternative, 6 "But if ye shew the dream, and the interpretation thereof, ye shall receive of me gifts and rewards and great honour: therefore shew me the dream, and the interpretation thereof. 7 They answered again and said, Let the king tell his servants the dream, and we will shew the interpretation of it. 8 The king answered and said, I know of certainty that ye would gain the time, because ye see the thing is gone from me." What he's saying here is that you're just stalling and all you want to do is stall. We have no time for that because you see this thing is gone from me. 9 "But if ye will not make known unto me the dream, there is but one decree for you: for ye have prepared lying and corrupt words to speak before me, till the time be changed: therefore tell me the dream, and I shall know that ye can shew me the interpretation thereof." He's saying he is not going to accept it for them to just make it up and say this is what it was; that's not going to happen. I figure if you can tell me what the dream was, then you can tell me the interpretation.

Daniel 2:10-15. Well "The Chaldeans answered before the king, and said, There is not a man upon the earth that can shew the king's matter: therefore there is no king, lord, nor ruler, that asked such things at any magician, or astrologer, or Chaldean." King, this is absolutely unreasonable, there is no way anybody could do this. 11 "And it is a rare thing that the king requireth, and there is none other that can shew it before the king, except the gods, whose dwelling is not with flesh." So they recognize that's there's going to have to be someone that is not flesh and blood that is going to be able to accomplish this. 12 For this cause the king was angry and very furious, and commanded to destroy all the wise men of Babylon. 13 And the decree went forth that the wise men should be slain; and they sought Daniel and his fellows to be slain." And notice they were going to carry it out because "They sought Daniel and his fellows to be slain. 14 "Daniel answered with counsel and wisdom." The reason he could do that is because this counsel was in him because he had this kind of preparation. I want to notice the extent to which God will go in order to perform His miracles and so often He does that through circumstances way, way beyond our control and it was God who wanted to push Daniel to the front, it was God who wanted to make Himself manifest, and sometimes God does that by process of elimination. He just simply is just going to eliminate all the wisdom of these men. 14 "Then Daniel answered with counsel and wisdom to Arioch the captain of the king's guard, which was gone forth to slay the wise men of Babylon: 15 He answered and said to Arioch the king's captain, Why is the decree so hasty from the king? Then Arioch made the thing known to Daniel."

Daniel 2:16-18. "Then Daniel went in, and desired of the king that he would give him time, and that he would shew the king the interpretation." So here Daniel is once again making a legitimate appeal with the promise there will be an interpretation forthcoming. You see, he appealed to what the king would desire. If you can ever find what the desire of the authority is, and then find a way to meet that in a conscientious and good way then you've really profited. And so he knew what he wanted. Then in 17 "Then Daniel went to his house, and made the thing known to Hananiah, Mishael, and Azariah, his companions." And he is calling them by Jewish names here. Well in 18 "That they would desire mercies." And you will notice they didn't demand but really sought out the grace of God. This is the way to appeal to God on the basis of His grace concerning this secret. They also knew that God is the God of secrets. He's the one that knows all these things, they're not hidden from Him, and He was able to show them "That Daniel and his fellows should not perish with the rest of the wise men of Babylon."

Daniel 2:19-21. "Then was the secret revealed unto Daniel in a night vision. Then Daniel blessed the God of heaven. 20 Daniel answered and said, Blessed be the name of God for ever and ever: for wisdom and might are hi." And he praised God for this revelation in that He had given, and not just for sparing his life. 21 "And He changeth the times and the seasons: He removeth kings, and setteth up kings: He giveth wisdom unto the wise, and knowledge to them that know understanding," and so Daniel knew from the beginning here what God was doing. God told him He is changing the times and that means He was changing the times from the times of the Jew to the times of the Gentiles, and he understood that from the very beginning of that vision. He also understood that He removes kings and He sets up kings and that this was going to continue for a time and not just one particular king like Nebuchadnezzar, but from king to king. And we understand now from Daniel's revelation and indeed from the book of Revelation that all of this continues down to our days for it was a very lengthy time that God put into the hands of the Gentiles. And so "He gives wisdom unto the wise and knowledge to them that know understanding" and we find that to be true. Luke 8:18 says "For whosoever hath, to him shall be given." If you have a heart that can receive the wonderful blessings of God, He'll give you just that much more.

Daniel 2:22-23. "He revealeth the deep and secret things: He knoweth what is in the darkness, and the light dwelleth with him." That applies to us and we don't have to be Daniels to have great visions and dreams and things of this nature, but God has given to us the same power of the Holy Ghost and He can reveal these wonderful deep secrets and things of God unto us also. 23 " I thank thee, and praise thee, O thou God of my fathers, who hast given me wisdom and might, and hast made known unto me now what we desired of thee: for thou hast now made known unto us the king's matter." Once again he is not just rejoicing because we get to keep our heads, he is rejoicing because of this great mystery, this revelation that God has given to him, and we too should have that kind of a heart. We want and are so desirous of these deep mysteries that we rejoice in the mystery itself, not just what it can bring to us.

Daniel 2:24-26. "Therefore Daniel went in unto Arioch, whom the king had ordained to destroy the wise men of Babylon: he went and said thus unto him; Destroy not the wise men of Babylon: bring me in before the king, and I will shew unto the king the interpretation." So I'm sure Arioch was relieved and 25 "Then Arioch brought in Daniel before the king in haste, and said thus unto him, I have found a man of the captives of Judah, that will make known unto the king the interpretation." So you'll notice even in captivity this type of person like Daniel is still a leader. They are still to be recognized because God is the one who pushes him to the front and you see, Daniel operated under authority and when we operate under authority it is God who is controlling our times. It is God who is controlling the way things happen to us, and so, "I have found a man of the captives of Judah, that will make known unto the king the interpretation. 26 The king answered and said to Daniel, whose name was Belteshazzar, Art thou able to make known unto me the dream which I have seen, and the interpretation thereof? 27 Daniel answered in the presence of the king, and said, The secret which the king hath demanded cannot the wise men, the astrologers, the magicians, the soothsayers, shew unto the king." Daniel wanted to make sure that the king knew this is not something that came from all of your wisdom here in this palace, this is something that comes from God, and this of course must be the desire of our hearts that we begin to put God on display.

Daniel 2:28. "But there is a God in heaven." He doesn't say you know king, I'm smarter than any of them. You see, he did not push himself but began to declare it is the God of heaven that has these things. This is the source of our knowledge and the blessing I'm about to pour out on you right now. There is a God in heaven that reveals secrets and makes known to the king Nebuchadnezzar what shall be in the latter days, and those latter days turn out to be not simply what he's talking about here, but they reach down clear to our days. Some of these things we're going to view here in Daniel have not been fulfilled yet, but we're getting very, very close to them. Daniel prophesied of that way back here in 606 BC or a little after. So he says here he's going to "Maketh known to the king Nebuchadnezzar what shall be in the latter days. Thy dream, and the visions of thy head upon thy bed, are these." Now I would think if I were sitting there as that king, and here's Daniel beginning to recount the dream that was only in my head, I think I would probably be impressed with that. You can only imagine him sitting there in awe as these visions of what he had seen now came back to him and he realized this is exactly what it was and you can only imagine what that would be.

Now I want to notice also that the fact that Nebuchadnezzar forgot this dream is also rather significant, because just as Nebuchadnezzar forgot the dream, so these Gentile rulers have actually forgotten the source of their power and who put them in that place. They have forgotten the fact that God is still in charge, and so indeed their time is limited. Well as for the old king, Daniel said in Daniel 2:29-30. "As for thee, O king, thy thoughts came into thy mind upon thy bed, what should come to pass hereafter: and he that revealeth secrets maketh known to thee what shall come to pass." Daniel is telling the king that this is prophesy that is going to come hereafter. 30 "But as for me, this secret is not revealed to me for any wisdom that I have more than any living, but for their sakes that shall make known the interpretation to the king, and that thou mightest know the thoughts of thy heart." It is not for the glory of Daniel, and we too must take that same thing. We don't give forth things that God shows us from the word as though we were the ones that came up with it, or as though we were the ones responsible for it. This is what God has revealed and Daniel never did forget that.

Daniel 2:31, "Thou, O king, sawest, and behold a great image. This great image, whose brightness was excellent, stood before thee; and the form thereof was terrible." That means it was awesome or something spectacular. We know it was because though he forgot it the king knew that he had seen something that had really made an impression at the time.

Daniel 2:32-38. "This image's head was of fine gold, his breast and his arms of silver, his belly and his thighs of brass, 33 His legs of iron, his feet part of iron and part of clay.34 Thou sawest till that a stone was cut out without hands, which smote the image upon his feet that were of iron and clay, and brake them to pieces. 35 Then was the iron, the clay, the brass, the silver, and the gold, broken to pieces together, and became like the chaff of the summer threshingfloors; and the wind carried them away, that no place was found for them: and the stone that smote the image became a great mountain, and filled the whole earth. 36 This is the dream; and we will tell the interpretation thereof before the king." This is a record of four great world empires that are ruling down to our day. Daniel tells Nebuchadnezzar in the beginning, 37 "Thou, O king, art a king of kings: for the God of heaven hath given thee a kingdom, power, and strength, and glory. 38 And wheresoever the children of men dwell, the beasts of the field and the fowls of the heaven hath he given into thine hand, and hath made thee ruler over them all. Thou art this head of gold." That means that the Babylonish Empire was the very first and it started out that way, and you notice in all of these different metals that the quality begins to get inferior with each regime. It starts out with gold, then it goes to silver, then it goes to brass, then it degenerates to iron, and then finally it is a mixture of iron and clay. This all tells us tells us that when Nebuchadnezzar started out his Gentile rule he was somewhat in line with God, but as he comes right on down it deteriorates, and of course we get down to our day and it certainly is falling apart in every sense of the word. Daniel did not tell Nebuchadnezzar which empires they were at this time, and we read a little bit more of this as we go on in these lessons, but we know these things now and can identify them. There are those that are just so astounded with how accurate this prophesy is, and they are sure that Daniel simply wrote this and made it up after the fact, and that simply is not true. Daniel gave it before it ever happened. So the head of gold is the Babylonish Empire.

Go to First Reply for Part Two >
All here stated in the name of the Lord Jesus hopefully to God's glory - larry

larry

Re: Prophesies Of Daniel - Chapter Two

Post by larry » Sat Apr 11, 2009 4:33 am

Prophesies of Daniel - Chapter Two Continued

by Gene Hawkins

Chapter 2 - Part 2

Daniel 2:39. "And after thee shall arise another kingdom (And you will notice) inferior to thee, and another third kingdom of brass, which shall bear rule over all the earth." So the Medo-Persian Empire is the one that has his breast and his arms of silver, and that was a divided kingdom of the Medes and the Persians. This empire was the one that brought in Cyrus, and he was the one that made the decree that the Jews could go back to their own land to Jerusalem. Compare this to Jeremiah 27:6-7. "And now have I given all these lands into the hand of Nebuchadnezzar the king of Babylon, my servant; and the beasts of the field have I given him also to serve him. 7 And all nations shall serve him, and his son, and his son's son, until the very time of his land come: and then many nations and great kings shall serve themselves of him." This tells us of how Babylon would reign until this second and inferior world empire was going to come into being. "Inferior to thee" means that it was not one that would just come in and overpower you, but at the same time you are going to lose this might and authority you have, and the world government is now going to be handed over to the Medes and to the Persians.

The image's belly and his thighs of brass represent the third kingdom, and that would have been the Grecian Kingdom under the reign of Alexander the Great and we'll see a little more about him as we go on in our lesson, but he was the kingdom of brass which shall rule over all the earth.

Daniel 2:40. "And the fourth kingdom shall be strong as iron: forasmuch as iron breaketh in pieces and subdueth all things: and as iron that breaketh all these, shall it break in pieces and bruise." This forth kingdom is going to be strong as iron and is the Roman Empire that takes us down to the time of Jesus, and iron means a very hard rule and that's what the Romans were. They were just as hard and cruel as they could possibly be and literally ruled with an iron hand. Now the legs were made of the iron and that tells of the east and west of the Roman Empire.

Daniel 2:41. "And whereas thou sawest the feet and toes, part of potters' clay, and part of iron, the kingdom shall be divided; but there shall be in it of the strength of the iron, forasmuch as thou sawest the iron mixed with miry clay." Now this is a very weak mixture, but the iron tells of that which is so strong, mighty, and so authoritative, and yet the clay is that which just disintegrates and falls apart. This is a prophesy of the democracy of our day, and democracy is the weakest form of government that there is. Imperialism is the strongest government and you'll find out that that existed down through the years and holds people just like the Roman Empire together all down through the ages, but now in the end of this age it is democracy that is ruling. One of the major things that we have seen in this presidency of President Bush is the insistence for democracy around the world like Iraq and so many of these others.

This is what this is all about and what President Bush is trumpeting, and I believe that God has put that in this man's heart and I believe that is exactly why He brought him to this place at this time, and why he has been able to withstand the horrendous political fallout that has existed. Political enemies have laid traps for this man at every turn, and yet we find out that so many of them have fallen into that pit themselves, he is still standing, and he is still preaching that same message of democracy that has been prophesied to happen in the end of this age.

Part of Daniel 2:41 repeated, "And whereas thou sawest the feet and toes, part of potters' clay." Now these ten toes are very, very important because they actually correspond with those ten horns of Revelation chapter thirteen and we'll notice that in a just a minute in Daniel 2:44. But these ten toes of Daniel's image corresponds and agrees perfectly with what John saw because they saw the same thing. There were some differences that we will see and they are there with reason. So "And whereas thou sawest the feet and toes, part of potters' clay, and part of iron, the kingdom shall be divided." And just such a division is what we see in our day. There is no longer this dictatorial imperial rule, and dictators are being brought down which have been there for years, yet when God is ready for them to come down, believe me they come down. Paul tells us in the New Testament that God sets up kings, and God brings them down and we are witnessing those things more and more in our day today. But notice there shall be the strength of iron in it and that is imperialism. "Forasmuch as thou sawest the iron mixed with miry clay" and that is imperialism mixed with democracy. There's a real loose mixture of this around the world, and it is a very weak government of course.

Daniel 2:42. "And as the toes of the feet were part of iron, and part of clay, so the kingdom shall be partly strong, and partly broken. 43 And whereas thou sawest iron mixed with miry clay, they shall mingle themselves (That is the kings) with the seed of men (That is democracy once again): but they shall not cleave one to another, even as iron is not mixed with clay." They don't make a real good union and you just can't put them together here and so what has to happen? Well in one case we know, a dictator had them brought down. Well how many more are going to be brought down before all of this is finally said and done because when we get to the book of Revelation we're going to find out that there are these kings and they rise up, then when they get done there's only one of them that remains, and so you see that God is not going to permit this mixture to continue.

Daniel 2:44. "And in the days of these kings shall the God of heaven set up a kingdom, which shall never be destroyed: and the kingdom shall not be left to other people, but it shall break in pieces and consume all these kingdoms, and it shall stand for ever." This takes us down to our day in the days of these ten kings represented by the ten toes here, and represented by the ten horns we find in Revelation chapter thirteen. Things are going to begin to happen during that day, and you'll notice "In the days of these kings shall the God of heaven set up a kingdom, which shall never be destroyed."

Daniel 2:34-35. Now remember how Nebuchadnezzar saw this stone come down and it crushed or completely demolish those in that day. 34 "Thou sawest till that a stone was cut out without hands." That means that man had absolutely nothing to do with it, and it was completely beyond his control. He can vote all he wants to, he can put this one in power all he wants to, and it makes absolutely no difference. This "stone was cut out without hands, which smote the image upon his feet that were of iron and clay, and brake them to pieces." Now Daniel is saying that the head of this image marks the beginning of Gentile times. The toes of this image marks the end of Gentile times, and so the stone didn't hit the head, and it didn't hit anywhere in the body, the stone is hitting the toes. Why? Because it is in the end of Gentile rule that Christ is going to come and set up His kingdom, and I'm sure you already know He is the Stone. This Rock that has been cast down and He is crushing these toes you will notice here that He "Smote the image upon his feet that were of iron and clay, and brake them to pieces." 35 "Then was the iron, the clay, the brass, the silver, and the gold, broken to pieces together, and became like the chaff of the summer threshingfloors." The whole regime from beginning to end collapses in the end of this age meaning that Gentile rule is going to be completely annihilated in the end of this age. And so the stone hits the feet because they are the ruling part at that time.

Back in Daniel 2:44-45, "In the days of these kings shall the God of heaven set up a kingdom, which shall never be destroyed." That's the eternal kingdom of the Lord Jesus Christ and no one is going to replace Him or He will never be destroyed. Now the Gentiles have ruled from 606 BC until our present time in this twenty-first century, but how many more years do the Gentiles have to rule? I don't think very many and I really believe that that day is just about over, but of course Gentile rulers do not want to relinquish that by any stretch of the imagination, but the kingdom of Christ shall never be destroyed and "The kingdom shall not be left to other people." The other people are the Gentiles and their reign is going to be taken away from them. God gave it to them and they have ruled for this long but that time is over and the Stone "Shall break in pieces and consume all these kingdoms, and it (That is this Stone which is Jesus) shall stand for ever. 45 Forasmuch as thou sawest that the stone was cut out of the mountain without hands, and that it brake in pieces the iron, the brass, the clay, the silver, and the gold; the great God hath made known to the king what shall come to pass hereafter: and the dream is certain, and the interpretation thereof sure." Now king, this dream is exactly what you witnessed, and this interpretation is exactly the way it is. This is not a figment of my imagination, this is not up to speculation, this is the way it's going to be and God has shown you that.

Well evidently Nebuchadnezzar certainly did get the message because in Daniel 2:46-49, "Then the king Nebuchadnezzar fell upon his face, and worshipped Daniel, and commanded that they should offer an oblation and sweet odours unto him." Now this was really done in ignorance on the part of Nebuchadnezzar, and Daniel did not interfere at this particular time. Again he is under authority, but he himself knew that this Nebuchadnezzar was in reality worshipping God. And so he comes out with that or he says in 47, "The king answered unto Daniel, and said, Of a truth it is, that your God is a God of gods, and a Lord of kings, and a revealer of secrets, seeing thou couldest reveal this secret." He was making this obeisance, and it's called worship here in honor of Daniel's God because he knew that Daniel was this God's representative. That's of course what they had back in that day so "God is a God of gods, and a Lord of kings, and a revealer of secrets, seeing thou couldest reveal this secret." Nebuchadnezzar included the whole Trinity in this verse. The God of gods is the Father, a Lord of kings is the Son Jesus Himself, and the revealer of secrets is the power of the Holy Ghost. And so Nebuchadnezzar bows to the triune God, and this is something that the world today certainly is not doing, and it has deteriorated to a very great degree as we very well know. Well the king promised Daniel a reward and indeed he is going to give it to him. 48 "Then the king made Daniel a great man, and gave him many great gifts, and made him ruler over the whole province of Babylon, and chief of the governors over all the wise men of Babylon. 49 Then Daniel requested of the king, and he set Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, over the affairs of the province of Babylon: but Daniel sat in the gate of the king." That was in a very official place where all of the official business was conducted, and also notice that Daniel did not forget his friends. He wanted the king to honor them also because they were in this right along with him.

Now one more closing thought before we dismiss for this evening, and that is concerning this Roman Empire. We can see the religiousness of this entire image from its beginning. In other words there has always been somewhat or some kind of a spiritual influence, and in these early years Daniel was the influence up here in this head of gold. Then if you come on down to the Medo-Persian Empire and Darius and all of those, Mordecai and Esther were tremendous influences in so far as spiritual things at that time. Last of all we see the Roman empire and God had placed Himself there as that influence and it was Jesus who was actually preaching the message to those around concerning these soldiers, and how that you are to be submissive to them: Matthew 5:41. "And whosoever shall compel thee to go a mile, go with him two" and things of this nature, and this brings us down to our day with this mixture that we have here of the iron and the clay. Then this division here in the legs really tells us of Protestantism and Catholicism, and in the end of this age there is still going to be a tremendous spiritual input if you want to call it that, and that's what the False Prophet is all about. You see, we should simply say religious rather than spiritual but there's going to be this religious input. Now insofar as Catholicism is concerned, she is going to have and does have the greatest political impact on the nations today of any church. There is no church that can even come close to the influence that the Catholic Church has on political affairs and I began to see that back in the days of John Kennedy. He was the man that pushed the Catholic Church to the front in politics both in this country and around the world, and it absolutely has not stopped. I can remember at that time the questions going around "How in the world can we vote for a Catholic for president?" And today you see that that is really a great asset. Men go out of their way to claim Catholicism in order that they can get elected, and it is Catholicism that is really dictating so much of the political climate in this world and men are listening to them. It just comes right out of Rome.

Well, in this Roman Empire you see not only politically, but also religiously that there is this revival and Catholicism was born right out of that first age that Pope Benedict came out with that statement that angered so many of the great Protestant alliances that there is no other salvation outside the Church. I mean he infuriated those Protestant alliances around the world, but his reason for doing that is saying it is only the Catholic Church bishops and all that which are able to trace our roots back to the original Jesus and His disciples which is a ridiculous thing. They're not even a part of the Church anyway, but when people don't know truth they don't even consider those things he is claiming. What I'm saying is that those roots started way back in the Roman empire, then at the end when we come down to these toes which is a mixture of clay and iron, strong and weak and all of this. Well we see it even in the religious sense. No, we do not have a strong spiritual climate in this country or around the world, and so this regime as we will find out in Revelation chapters seventeen and eighteen is absolutely going to be destroyed. The woman who is riding the beast is none other than the Catholic Church and holding these reigns of government, and then of course we're going to find that those political leaders are then going to turn and rend those religious leaders and just trample those to bits. Well that's just a little bit about this not only in the political field, but also in the religious field that things have deteriorated to the point there is no joining together. There is no strength there and so the same Stone is going to annihilate the religious system right along with the political system.

In Jesus' name - larry
All here stated in the name of the Lord Jesus hopefully to God's glory - larry

everready

Re: Prophesies Of Daniel - Chapter Two

Post by everready » Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:21 am

larry wrote:Prophesies of Daniel - Chapter Two Continued

by Gene Hawkins

Chapter 2 - Part 2

Daniel 2:39. "And after thee shall arise another kingdom (And you will notice) inferior to thee, and another third kingdom of brass, which shall bear rule over all the earth." So the Medo-Persian Empire is the one that has his breast and his arms of silver, and that was a divided kingdom of the Medes and the Persians. This empire was the one that brought in Cyrus, and he was the one that made the decree that the Jews could go back to their own land to Jerusalem. Compare this to Jeremiah 27:6-7. "And now have I given all these lands into the hand of Nebuchadnezzar the king of Babylon, my servant; and the beasts of the field have I given him also to serve him. 7 And all nations shall serve him, and his son, and his son's son, until the very time of his land come: and then many nations and great kings shall serve themselves of him." This tells us of how Babylon would reign until this second and inferior world empire was going to come into being. "Inferior to thee" means that it was not one that would just come in and overpower you, but at the same time you are going to lose this might and authority you have, and the world government is now going to be handed over to the Medes and to the Persians.

The image's belly and his thighs of brass represent the third kingdom, and that would have been the Grecian Kingdom under the reign of Alexander the Great and we'll see a little more about him as we go on in our lesson, but he was the kingdom of brass which shall rule over all the earth.

Daniel 2:40. "And the fourth kingdom shall be strong as iron: forasmuch as iron breaketh in pieces and subdueth all things: and as iron that breaketh all these, shall it break in pieces and bruise." This forth kingdom is going to be strong as iron and is the Roman Empire that takes us down to the time of Jesus, and iron means a very hard rule and that's what the Romans were. They were just as hard and cruel as they could possibly be and literally ruled with an iron hand. Now the legs were made of the iron and that tells of the east and west of the Roman Empire.

Daniel 2:41. "And whereas thou sawest the feet and toes, part of potters' clay, and part of iron, the kingdom shall be divided; but there shall be in it of the strength of the iron, forasmuch as thou sawest the iron mixed with miry clay." Now this is a very weak mixture, but the iron tells of that which is so strong, mighty, and so authoritative, and yet the clay is that which just disintegrates and falls apart. This is a prophesy of the democracy of our day, and democracy is the weakest form of government that there is. Imperialism is the strongest government and you'll find out that that existed down through the years and holds people just like the Roman Empire together all down through the ages, but now in the end of this age it is democracy that is ruling. One of the major things that we have seen in this presidency of President Bush is the insistence for democracy around the world like Iraq and so many of these others.

This is what this is all about and what President Bush is trumpeting, and I believe that God has put that in this man's heart and I believe that is exactly why He brought him to this place at this time, and why he has been able to withstand the horrendous political fallout that has existed. Political enemies have laid traps for this man at every turn, and yet we find out that so many of them have fallen into that pit themselves, he is still standing, and he is still preaching that same message of democracy that has been prophesied to happen in the end of this age.

Part of Daniel 2:41 repeated, "And whereas thou sawest the feet and toes, part of potters' clay." Now these ten toes are very, very important because they actually correspond with those ten horns of Revelation chapter thirteen and we'll notice that in a just a minute in Daniel 2:44. But these ten toes of Daniel's image corresponds and agrees perfectly with what John saw because they saw the same thing. There were some differences that we will see and they are there with reason. So "And whereas thou sawest the feet and toes, part of potters' clay, and part of iron, the kingdom shall be divided." And just such a division is what we see in our day. There is no longer this dictatorial imperial rule, and dictators are being brought down which have been there for years, yet when God is ready for them to come down, believe me they come down. Paul tells us in the New Testament that God sets up kings, and God brings them down and we are witnessing those things more and more in our day today. But notice there shall be the strength of iron in it and that is imperialism. "Forasmuch as thou sawest the iron mixed with miry clay" and that is imperialism mixed with democracy. There's a real loose mixture of this around the world, and it is a very weak government of course.

Daniel 2:42. "And as the toes of the feet were part of iron, and part of clay, so the kingdom shall be partly strong, and partly broken. 43 And whereas thou sawest iron mixed with miry clay, they shall mingle themselves (That is the kings) with the seed of men (That is democracy once again): but they shall not cleave one to another, even as iron is not mixed with clay." They don't make a real good union and you just can't put them together here and so what has to happen? Well in one case we know, a dictator had them brought down. Well how many more are going to be brought down before all of this is finally said and done because when we get to the book of Revelation we're going to find out that there are these kings and they rise up, then when they get done there's only one of them that remains, and so you see that God is not going to permit this mixture to continue.

Daniel 2:44. "And in the days of these kings shall the God of heaven set up a kingdom, which shall never be destroyed: and the kingdom shall not be left to other people, but it shall break in pieces and consume all these kingdoms, and it shall stand for ever." This takes us down to our day in the days of these ten kings represented by the ten toes here, and represented by the ten horns we find in Revelation chapter thirteen. Things are going to begin to happen during that day, and you'll notice "In the days of these kings shall the God of heaven set up a kingdom, which shall never be destroyed."

Daniel 2:34-35. Now remember how Nebuchadnezzar saw this stone come down and it crushed or completely demolish those in that day. 34 "Thou sawest till that a stone was cut out without hands." That means that man had absolutely nothing to do with it, and it was completely beyond his control. He can vote all he wants to, he can put this one in power all he wants to, and it makes absolutely no difference. This "stone was cut out without hands, which smote the image upon his feet that were of iron and clay, and brake them to pieces." Now Daniel is saying that the head of this image marks the beginning of Gentile times. The toes of this image marks the end of Gentile times, and so the stone didn't hit the head, and it didn't hit anywhere in the body, the stone is hitting the toes. Why? Because it is in the end of Gentile rule that Christ is going to come and set up His kingdom, and I'm sure you already know He is the Stone. This Rock that has been cast down and He is crushing these toes you will notice here that He "Smote the image upon his feet that were of iron and clay, and brake them to pieces." 35 "Then was the iron, the clay, the brass, the silver, and the gold, broken to pieces together, and became like the chaff of the summer threshingfloors." The whole regime from beginning to end collapses in the end of this age meaning that Gentile rule is going to be completely annihilated in the end of this age. And so the stone hits the feet because they are the ruling part at that time.

Back in Daniel 2:44-45, "In the days of these kings shall the God of heaven set up a kingdom, which shall never be destroyed." That's the eternal kingdom of the Lord Jesus Christ and no one is going to replace Him or He will never be destroyed. Now the Gentiles have ruled from 606 BC until our present time in this twenty-first century, but how many more years do the Gentiles have to rule? I don't think very many and I really believe that that day is just about over, but of course Gentile rulers do not want to relinquish that by any stretch of the imagination, but the kingdom of Christ shall never be destroyed and "The kingdom shall not be left to other people." The other people are the Gentiles and their reign is going to be taken away from them. God gave it to them and they have ruled for this long but that time is over and the Stone "Shall break in pieces and consume all these kingdoms, and it (That is this Stone which is Jesus) shall stand for ever. 45 Forasmuch as thou sawest that the stone was cut out of the mountain without hands, and that it brake in pieces the iron, the brass, the clay, the silver, and the gold; the great God hath made known to the king what shall come to pass hereafter: and the dream is certain, and the interpretation thereof sure." Now king, this dream is exactly what you witnessed, and this interpretation is exactly the way it is. This is not a figment of my imagination, this is not up to speculation, this is the way it's going to be and God has shown you that.

Well evidently Nebuchadnezzar certainly did get the message because in Daniel 2:46-49, "Then the king Nebuchadnezzar fell upon his face, and worshipped Daniel, and commanded that they should offer an oblation and sweet odours unto him." Now this was really done in ignorance on the part of Nebuchadnezzar, and Daniel did not interfere at this particular time. Again he is under authority, but he himself knew that this Nebuchadnezzar was in reality worshipping God. And so he comes out with that or he says in 47, "The king answered unto Daniel, and said, Of a truth it is, that your God is a God of gods, and a Lord of kings, and a revealer of secrets, seeing thou couldest reveal this secret." He was making this obeisance, and it's called worship here in honor of Daniel's God because he knew that Daniel was this God's representative. That's of course what they had back in that day so "God is a God of gods, and a Lord of kings, and a revealer of secrets, seeing thou couldest reveal this secret." Nebuchadnezzar included the whole Trinity in this verse. The God of gods is the Father, a Lord of kings is the Son Jesus Himself, and the revealer of secrets is the power of the Holy Ghost. And so Nebuchadnezzar bows to the triune God, and this is something that the world today certainly is not doing, and it has deteriorated to a very great degree as we very well know. Well the king promised Daniel a reward and indeed he is going to give it to him. 48 "Then the king made Daniel a great man, and gave him many great gifts, and made him ruler over the whole province of Babylon, and chief of the governors over all the wise men of Babylon. 49 Then Daniel requested of the king, and he set Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, over the affairs of the province of Babylon: but Daniel sat in the gate of the king." That was in a very official place where all of the official business was conducted, and also notice that Daniel did not forget his friends. He wanted the king to honor them also because they were in this right along with him.

Now one more closing thought before we dismiss for this evening, and that is concerning this Roman Empire. We can see the religiousness of this entire image from its beginning. In other words there has always been somewhat or some kind of a spiritual influence, and in these early years Daniel was the influence up here in this head of gold. Then if you come on down to the Medo-Persian Empire and Darius and all of those, Mordecai and Esther were tremendous influences in so far as spiritual things at that time. Last of all we see the Roman empire and God had placed Himself there as that influence and it was Jesus who was actually preaching the message to those around concerning these soldiers, and how that you are to be submissive to them: Matthew 5:41. "And whosoever shall compel thee to go a mile, go with him two" and things of this nature, and this brings us down to our day with this mixture that we have here of the iron and the clay. Then this division here in the legs really tells us of Protestantism and Catholicism, and in the end of this age there is still going to be a tremendous spiritual input if you want to call it that, and that's what the False Prophet is all about. You see, we should simply say religious rather than spiritual but there's going to be this religious input. Now insofar as Catholicism is concerned, she is going to have and does have the greatest political impact on the nations today of any church. There is no church that can even come close to the influence that the Catholic Church has on political affairs and I began to see that back in the days of John Kennedy. He was the man that pushed the Catholic Church to the front in politics both in this country and around the world, and it absolutely has not stopped. I can remember at that time the questions going around "How in the world can we vote for a Catholic for president?" And today you see that that is really a great asset. Men go out of their way to claim Catholicism in order that they can get elected, and it is Catholicism that is really dictating so much of the political climate in this world and men are listening to them. It just comes right out of Rome.

Well, in this Roman Empire you see not only politically, but also religiously that there is this revival and Catholicism was born right out of that first age that Pope Benedict came out with that statement that angered so many of the great Protestant alliances that there is no other salvation outside the Church. I mean he infuriated those Protestant alliances around the world, but his reason for doing that is saying it is only the Catholic Church bishops and all that which are able to trace our roots back to the original Jesus and His disciples which is a ridiculous thing. They're not even a part of the Church anyway, but when people don't know truth they don't even consider those things he is claiming. What I'm saying is that those roots started way back in the Roman empire, then at the end when we come down to these toes which is a mixture of clay and iron, strong and weak and all of this. Well we see it even in the religious sense. No, we do not have a strong spiritual climate in this country or around the world, and so this regime as we will find out in Revelation chapters seventeen and eighteen is absolutely going to be destroyed. The woman who is riding the beast is none other than the Catholic Church and holding these reigns of government, and then of course we're going to find that those political leaders are then going to turn and rend those religious leaders and just trample those to bits. Well that's just a little bit about this not only in the political field, but also in the religious field that things have deteriorated to the point there is no joining together. There is no strength there and so the same Stone is going to annihilate the religious system right along with the political system.

In Jesus' name - larry

Isaiah 26:3 Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee.

Return to “End Times & Prophecy”