Prophesies of Daniel - Chapter Ten

A place to discuss issues related to the end times and Bible prohecy.

Moderator: Igotsunshine

larry

Post by larry » Sat Apr 18, 2009 12:03 am

by Gene Hawkins

~ transcribed and edited by larry from lecture ~

Daniel 10:1-12.

1 In the third year of Cyrus king of Persia a thing was revealed unto Daniel, whose name was called Belteshazzar; and the thing was true, but the time appointed was long: and he understood the thing, and had understanding of the vision.
2 In those days I Daniel was mourning three full weeks.
3 I ate no pleasant bread, neither came flesh nor wine in my mouth, neither did I anoint myself at all, till three whole weeks were fulfilled.
4 And in the four and twentieth day of the first month, as I was by the side of the great river, which is Hiddekel;
5 Then I lifted up mine eyes, and looked, and behold a certain man clothed in linen, whose loins were girded with fine gold of Uphaz:
6 His body also was like the beryl, and his face as the appearance of lightning, and his eyes as lamps of fire, and his arms and his feet like in colour to polished brass, and the voice of his words like the voice of a multitude.
7 And I Daniel alone saw the vision: for the men that were with me saw not the vision; but a great quaking fell upon them, so that they fled to hide themselves.
8 Therefore I was left alone, and saw this great vision, and there remained no strength in me: for my comeliness was turned in me into corruption, and I retained no strength.
9 Yet heard I the voice of his words: and when I heard the voice of his words, then was I in a deep sleep on my face, and my face toward the ground.
10 And, behold, an hand touched me, which set me upon my knees and upon the palms of my hands.
11 And he said unto me, O Daniel, a man greatly beloved, understand the words that I speak unto thee, and stand upright: for unto thee am I now sent. And when he had spoken this word unto me, I stood trembling.
12 Then said he unto me, Fear not, Daniel: for from the first day that thou didst set thine heart to understand, and to chasten thyself before thy God, thy words were heard, and I am come for thy words.

Daniel must go through these things in order to understand what God wanted him to know and that same thing is true in our lives. We have found that out in this prophesy class that we don't always understand just immediately what God is saying. I mean others have gone before and there are books written and interpretations made, but we must understand that God has to make it real to me. It is me who wants to understand this not just because someone else said so, but because God has given to me a revelation. Well this is the way Daniel was. He had to have a personal revelation of what God was saying to him, and God understood that and took every measure in order to come and see to it that he got exactly what he wanted. And so He said in Daniel 10:12, "From the first day that thou didst set thine heart to understand, and to chasten thyself before thy God, thy words were heard, and I am come for thy words." Now Daniel had been going through this and seeking the Lord for 21 days when God said, "I am come for thy words."

Daniel 10:13. "But the prince of the kingdom of Persia withstood me one and twenty days: but, lo, Michael, one of the chief princes, came to help me; and I remained there with the kings of Persia." Now what we need to understand is that the One doing the talking is this same man that Daniel saw, because you see in Daniel 10:9, "I heard the voice of His words." We are talking about Christ here and so sometimes people might not understand, or they might get a little bit confused by these words in Daniel 10:13 and this is referring to Christ. The prince of the kingdom of Persia withstood Me. That is, the prince of the kingdom of Persia withstood Christ and we think how in the world is that possible? But of course it is and this is what the end time is going to be that Jesus Himself is going to be resisted by those satanic forces in the end time."I heard the voice of His words. It is so important for us to understand that when Jesus comes He is going to come with ten thousands of His saints, but He is going to meet with great resistance when He does come. And so here we find that the prince of the kingdom of Persia withstood Me. Now it is important to understand here He is not talking about the actual literal flesh and blood king of Persia. He is talking about the force behind the king of Persia and there are forces behind every nation in the world today and many of those forces are absolutely satanic and this is what is resisting Him. This is what is happening around our world today when we read of these ungodly men that conduct themselves as they do. They are being forced and motivated by these satanic forces. He is the prince of the power of the air and it is a spiritual battle that is going on today even as it was in Daniel's time, and the Apostle Paul warns us about it in Ephesians Chapter 6.

And so as we find in Daniel 10:13, "But the prince of the kingdom of Persia withstood me one and twenty days: but, lo, Michael, one of the chief princes, came to help Me." And he is simply symbolic of those angels, and we expect and hope to be among them. There are not just heavenly angels, but there are indeed earthly angels also. In fact when we get to the book of Revelation we're going to see that John saw an angel and fell down to worship that angel, and the angel said in Revelation 19:10, "See thou do it not: I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren that have the testimony of Jesus." And so when the scripture says ten thousands of His angels or ten thousands of His saints they're also redeemed humanities. Well Michael is representative of those who are going to be associated with Christ in His quest to take over the full and complete dominion of this world. They're going to be associated and joined with Him as a part of His armies, and we'll read about them there in Revelation that Christ goes forth on this white horse and then He has these others going forth on horses after Him. They are a part of His army and that is what we want to be. Well, Michael is symbolic of those that came to help Me, and I remained there with the kings of Persia.

Daniel 10:14. "Now I am come to make thee understand what shall befall thy people in the latter days: for yet the vision is for many days." And this I say once again is especially what Daniel was interested in. He wanted to know what was going to happen to his own people Israel. This is why he is fasting and praying and he was in this state three long weeks before God finally came to him. Keep in mind all of these things are what Daniel is finding out in the midst of this experience that we call "Being slain in the Spirit." It is not just as we said a thing for our entertainment. There was a very great purpose in what Daniel experienced here. So "I am come to make thee understand what shall befall thy people in the latter days: for yet the vision is for many days." I'm sure that Daniel might have been getting a little tired of hearing this because he wanted to see instant deliverance for his people and to see this thing over.

Daniel 10:15. "And when he had spoken such words unto me, I set my face toward the ground, and I became dumb." And I think once again Daniel's reaction to the truth here was that he already knew this thing concerning the Jews was really not going to end anyways soon. Now he already knows at least a remnant of them is back in their land, because they have gone back up to Jerusalem to rebuild the temple, but he doesn't see any wholesale improvement in the spiritual condition of the Jews, and so he is very much concerned about that.

Daniel 10:16. "And, behold, one like the similitude of the sons of men touched my lips: then I opened my mouth, and spake, and said unto him that stood before me, O my lord, by the vision my sorrows are turned upon me, and I have retained no strength." Compare that "One like the similitude of the sons of men touched my lips" with Revelation 19:10. "And I fell at his feet to worship him. And he said unto me, See thou do it not: I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren that have the testimony of Jesus: worship God: for the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy. In Verse 16 where it says "I have retained no strength," once again Daniel is just absolutely devastated. He's not really sent into a state of excitement and euphoria because of the dreams that he's seen; it has affected him in such a way he is just brought to sorrows the way he says here. "O my lord, by the vision my sorrows are turned upon me," and it's because of what he sees and the devastation and the things that are coming upon the Jews.

Daniel 10:17-18. "For how can the servant of this my lord talk with this my lord? for as for me, straightway there remained no strength in me, neither is there breath left in me." Daniel recognizes Him as this great personage, and how can I even stand in His presence? If you go back to the book of Isaiah, Isaiah felt the same thing in Isaiah 6:5. "Then said I, Woe is me! for I am undone; because I am a man of unclean lips, and I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips: for mine eyes have seen the King, the LORD of hosts" and Isaiah felt so inferior in the presence of God. Well at that time God sent one to Isaiah with coals off the altar, but here He didn't do that but you'll notice, "As for as for me, straightway there remained no strength in me, neither is there breath left in me. 18 Then there came again and touched me one like the appearance of a man, and he strengthened me" and that undoubtedly has to be the same man, it is Christ Himself. Jesus' job, goal, and ministry are to strengthen us, and so He strengthened me.

Daniel 10:19. "And said, O man greatly beloved, fear not: peace be unto thee, be strong, yea, be strong. And when he had spoken unto me, I was strengthened, and said, Let my lord speak; for thou hast strengthened me." We see the same message that God had at the first "O man greatly beloved." He still tells Daniel how tremendously loved that he is, and He tells him once again "Fear not: peace be unto thee" and I do believe that God is able to do exactly the same thing in our lives as we see things going on around us today that can be absolutely devastating. Daniel could see all of these things that have been prophesied that were indeed going to come to pass, and it just wrought in him such great sorrow, and perhaps this would be one reason for his fear at this time. But it is amazing how that even though we may have such knowledge, even though that we know these things are going to come to pass, and we see such devastation going on around us, is it not wonderful that God can give us peace in the midst of that? Now sometimes people do not understand that. How can you have such peace in the midst of such terrible turmoil? But God says yes, and so "Peace be unto thee, be strong, yea, be strong." And that's all He did, He spoke that command, "Be strong." Well, "When he had spoken unto me, I was strengthened, and said, Let my lord speak; for thou hast strengthened me." Now I'm ready to hear more and it didn't seem to matter what that message might be, Daniel was ready to hear it, and so just go ahead and let me hear even more. As we read here "Thou hast strengthened me," and that's exactly what God did for Daniel, and indeed what He'll do for us.

Daniel 10:20. "Then said he, Knowest thou wherefore I come unto thee? and now will I return to fight with the prince of Persia: and when I am gone forth, lo, the prince of Grecia shall come." God puts this in the form of a question. Daniel, do you know why I came to you? This once again tells us exactly what is happening in light of these world empires, because you see the prince of Persia is just about to give way to the prince of Greece. Well, the prince of Persia wouldn't want to do that, and who knows why these powers and Satan behind all of that wouldn't want to let go of the Jews, or want to let go of the Persian Empire? However just standing against what God wants is often what Satan seems to do just to interfere with Him. Then God is going to "Return to fight with the prince of Persia: and when I am gone forth, lo, the prince of Grecia shall come." So He is going to win that battle against the prince of Persia, and Persia is going to fall and this third world empire of Greece is just about to arise.

Daniel 10:21. "But I will shew thee that which is noted in the scripture of truth: and there is none that holdeth with me in these things, but Michael your prince." In other words, this was the purpose He came to him. Daniel, do you know why I have come to you? And of course that purpose was indeed to show him what is noted in the scripture of truth, "And there is none that holdeth with me in these things, but Michael your prince." And so this again speaks of those who will be associated with Christ in the end time to bring about the purposes of God, and they're very much in harmony with what God wants to do.

In Jesus' name - larry
All here stated in the name of the Lord Jesus hopefully to God's glory - larry

Return to “End Times & Prophecy”