The second coming of Christ

A place to discuss issues related to the end times and Bible prohecy.

Moderator: Igotsunshine

Post Reply
User avatar
everready
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 2442
Joined: Fri Apr 25, 2008 12:00 am
Location: In His Service

Re: The second coming of Christ

Post by everready » Sun Feb 08, 2009 1:29 pm

Newness wrote:
everready wrote:Image

Doesn't it say every eye shall see him at his coming? What clinched with
me was reading Foxes Book Of Martyrs. We are no better nor worse than
them "yes". Scripture teaches that we will be beheaded for Christs sake for
the testimony of the gospel. The Lord will not put us through anything
that he didn't go through..

everready

Image


The Lord will not put us through...?? All persecution is of Satan, The Lord doesn't do it!! Get that straight first. Methinks you are fixated on martyrdom. Do you not realize that martyrdom is a "spiritual gift"? Not many have that!

Yes, every eye shall see Him. Every eye that has survived! They certainly aren't rising to meet Him in the air, are they? It only talks about mourning nations!

Revelation 1:7
Look! He comes with the clouds of heaven.
And everyone will see him—
even those who pierced him.
And all the nations of the world
will mourn for him.
Yes! Amen!


I meant this Newness

http://www.persecution.com/

Just going by what Jesus said its not as you say a complex its a fact that two
brothers of mine were slain in Mexico for the gospel

John 16:1 These things have I spoken unto you, that ye should not be offended.
2 They shall put you out of the synagogues: yea, the time cometh, that
whosoever killeth you will think that he doeth God service.
3 And these things will they do unto you, because they have not known the
Father, nor me.
Image
Isaiah 26:3 Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee.

Newnes

Re: The second coming of Christ

Post by Newnes » Sun Feb 08, 2009 2:46 pm

James4_14 wrote:Absolutely true Newness. The second coming is using the "eyegate" for the unbelievers.

The rapture is for the believers who accepted Him on Faith and it (the Rapture) will be for the "eargate".

1 Thess 4:16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven :arwrt with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:

John 10:16 And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall :arwrt hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.

John 5:25 Verily, verily, I say unto you, The hour is coming, and now is, when the dead shall :arwrt hear the voice of the Son of God: and they that hear shall live.


TWO SEPARATE EVENTS


Image

User avatar
everready
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 2442
Joined: Fri Apr 25, 2008 12:00 am
Location: In His Service

Re: The second coming of Christ

Post by everready » Sun Feb 08, 2009 5:54 pm

Image

Say James whats an "eargate"

The rapture is for the believers who accepted Him on Faith and it (the Rapture) will be for the "eargate".


everready

Image
Image
Isaiah 26:3 Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee.

Newnes

Re: The second coming of Christ

Post by Newnes » Sun Feb 08, 2009 6:24 pm

It's far different than the Dung Gate!







Image

User avatar
sawdust
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 281
Joined: Wed May 21, 2008 11:51 pm
Location: Darwin, Australia

Re: The second coming of Christ

Post by sawdust » Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:13 pm

everready wrote:Image

Say James whats an "eargate"

The rapture is for the believers who accepted Him on Faith and it (the Rapture) will be for the "eargate".


everready

Image


If you go back and look at the verse Newness quoted and compare them to the verses James quoted you will see the first talks about seeing, the latter about hearing. I think this is what James is referring to with his eargate comment.

On the topic of persecution though .....

As best as I understand to date, the problem is; it is not just that the enemy's anger and hatred of Christ will be vented in those last of the last days (which is what gives rise to persecution, what we see today), it is that the Lord's wrath will also be poured out on the whole world. As far as I know this has not happened since the days of Noah. Also during this time (7 year tribulation) the Lord will remove the restraint on evil.

I know of no pre-trib Christians (the sane ones at least) who believe they are immune to persecution. The whole post-trib argument that "pre-tribbers are delusional if they think they will escape persecution" is totally irrelevant because their reasoning for believing in the Resurrection of the Church prior to the Tribulation has nothing to do with escaping persecution.

The real focus of the book of Revelation is not on persecution (the workings of the enemy), but on the salvation and judgement of the Lord. The last seven years of this age (the age when Satan is "god of this world") is primarily on the Lord saving and restoring Israel and fulfilling all the promises He has ever made to her and about His judgement on an unbelieving world.

To be honest. There are some post-tribbers I've talked to who I strongly suspect only believe in post-trib because they secretly wish to have the chance to be martyred. The reason being is that they are so bound by a sense of guilt they feel the only way to be exonerated is to suffer martyrdom. The sad fact is, if that is true and they are actually killed? It will probably be more to do with them making bad decisions based on their guilt rather than being chosen by God as having the capacity of grace for such a thing.

peace
When your words came, I ate them; they were my joy and my heart's delight, for I bear your name, O LORD God Almighty. Jer.15:16

User avatar
everready
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 2442
Joined: Fri Apr 25, 2008 12:00 am
Location: In His Service

Re: The second coming of Christ

Post by everready » Mon Feb 09, 2009 1:08 am

sawdust wrote:
everready wrote:Image

Say James whats an "eargate"

The rapture is for the believers who accepted Him on Faith and it (the Rapture) will be for the "eargate".


everready

Image


If you go back and look at the verse Newness quoted and compare them to the verses James quoted you will see the first talks about seeing, the latter about hearing. I think this is what James is referring to with his eargate comment.

On the topic of persecution though .....

As best as I understand to date, the problem is; it is not just that the enemy's anger and hatred of Christ will be vented in those last of the last days (which is what gives rise to persecution, what we see today), it is that the Lord's wrath will also be poured out on the whole world. As far as I know this has not happened since the days of Noah. Also during this time (7 year tribulation) the Lord will remove the restraint on evil.

I know of no pre-trib Christians (the sane ones at least) who believe they are immune to persecution. The whole post-trib argument that "pre-tribbers are delusional if they think they will escape persecution" is totally irrelevant because their reasoning for believing in the Resurrection of the Church prior to the Tribulation has nothing to do with escaping persecution.

The real focus of the book of Revelation is not on persecution (the workings of the enemy), but on the salvation and judgement of the Lord. The last seven years of this age (the age when Satan is "god of this world") is primarily on the Lord saving and restoring Israel and fulfilling all the promises He has ever made to her and about His judgement on an unbelieving world.

To be honest. There are some post-tribbers I've talked to who I strongly suspect only believe in post-trib because they secretly wish to have the chance to be martyred. The reason being is that they are so bound by a sense of guilt they feel the only way to be exonerated is to suffer martyrdom. The sad fact is, if that is true and they are actually killed? It will probably be more to do with them making bad decisions based on their guilt rather than being chosen by God as having the capacity of grace for such a thing.

peace


All I'm saying is persecution is coming Jesus told his disciples it would come this is
no different. As far as being roasted on a grid iron then no I'm not looking forward
to it. This is a message, if the subject wasn't so sensitive then I could lay all of
my cards on the table, so please don't take it out on the messenger rather concern
yourself with the message Thank you.

everready

Image
Image
Isaiah 26:3 Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee.

James4_14
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 1034
Joined: Thu Apr 24, 2008 8:18 pm
Location: Northwest Georgia

Re: The second coming of Christ

Post by James4_14 » Mon Feb 09, 2009 4:22 am

There is persecution on BOTH SIDES of the Rapture...For the believers NOW and the ones to become believers in the Tribulation period. There

is no lull in this persecution, but an INCREASE. At the second coming satan is defeated and into the mellenium there will be those that bow

but are not sincere and will be revealed when satan is loosed for a season.

It would also seem that the 144,000 sealed in the Tribulation will do a far better job than we do now.



:BHG
Acts 28 Believer

User avatar
sawdust
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 281
Joined: Wed May 21, 2008 11:51 pm
Location: Darwin, Australia

Re: The second coming of Christ

Post by sawdust » Mon Feb 09, 2009 10:47 am

everready wrote: so please don't take it out on the messenger rather concern
yourself with the message Thank you.

everready


Huh? :shrug:
When your words came, I ate them; they were my joy and my heart's delight, for I bear your name, O LORD God Almighty. Jer.15:16

User avatar
sawdust
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 281
Joined: Wed May 21, 2008 11:51 pm
Location: Darwin, Australia

Re: The second coming of Christ

Post by sawdust » Mon Feb 09, 2009 10:51 am

James4_14 wrote:there will be those that bow but are not sincere and will be revealed when satan is loosed for a season.


Those who rebel at the end of the Millenium can only be those who are born during the Millenium not any who enter otherwise it would mean the Lord cannot discern insincerity. If He cannot judge right? We're all in trouble. ;-)

peace
When your words came, I ate them; they were my joy and my heart's delight, for I bear your name, O LORD God Almighty. Jer.15:16

James4_14
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 1034
Joined: Thu Apr 24, 2008 8:18 pm
Location: Northwest Georgia

Re: The second coming of Christ

Post by James4_14 » Fri Feb 13, 2009 12:22 am

sawdust wrote:
James4_14 wrote:there will be those that bow but are not sincere and will be revealed when satan is loosed for a season.


Those who rebel at the end of the Millenium can only be those who are born during the Millenium not any who enter otherwise it would mean the Lord cannot discern insincerity. If He cannot judge right? We're all in trouble. ;-)

peace



You are correct. Thank you.
Acts 28 Believer

Post Reply

Return to “End Times & Prophecy”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest