David "A Man after God's own Heart" Part 2

truth
Bible Leader SP
Bible Leader SP

David "A Man after God's own Heart" Part 2

Post by truth » Mon Mar 07, 2016 2:23 pm

David "A Man after God's own Heart."

We need more Shepherds to Glorify God today., not to bring in large crowds , or to please everyone or to impress others. We need them to Glorify God!
David was shocked that the Israelite's were sitting fearful and sitting back allowing the Phillistines and Goliath defy the One True Living God! He was not going to tolerate this so he took a stand and won!
There was only two responses he received when he took a stand for His God, and those will be the ones we get as well. Are you willing to take reproach for Christ???
David was Criticized for having the integrity to stand for the Almighty by one group. Davids own brother Eliab was one of them in 1 Sam-17:28. 28 Now Eliab his oldest brother heard when he spoke to the men; and Eliab’s anger was aroused against David, and he said, “Why did you come down here? And with whom have you left those few sheep in the wilderness? I know your pride and the insolence of your heart, for you have come down to see the battle.”
David did not abandon the sheep, he left them with the keeper. 1 Sam 17:20- 20 So David rose early in the morning, left the sheep with a keeper, and took the things and went as Jesse had commanded him. And he came to the camp as the army was going out to the fight and shouting for the battle.
2) Eliab did not know David's heart. 3) David did not come down to see the battle, he went to take food to his brothers as his father told him to. Criticism usually comes from those closest to you.
Eliab was the oldest, David the youngest. Those who exalt themselves over the younger, may live to see themselves abased and the abused exalted. A time may come when the elder may serve the younger. Eliab was full of jealousy for David's honor that he was given in the court. He thought because he was the older sibling he should have glory and triumph. There you go, another Saul attitude!-
David was falsely criticized for his dedication to God Almighty! Some people are so self centered and selfish, they are not concerned with who God uses or by what means if it does NOT bring Glory to them! Eliab's weak character showed itself in this situation quite clearly.
David is "COMMENDED"
He took Goliath's head before King Saul.He only looked at David's outward appearance and the size of Goliath's head. God saw David's integrity and He was going to put it to use. 1Sam17:33- And Saul said to David, “You are not able to go against this Phillistine to fight with him; for you are a youth, and he a man of war from his youth.” 1Sam 17:37 - Moreover David said, “The Lord, who delivered me from the paw of the lion and from the paw of the bear, He will deliver me from the hand of this Philistine.”
{Saul then commended him.}
And Saul said to David, “Go, and the Lord be with you!”
Popular Christianity today is weak, tolerable, worldly and completely distasteful to God. We need believers who will stand for the Gospel of Christ and fight for the cause of Christ with fire in their hearts, for God's honor and glory.
Lets now discuss the weapons David had!
1) Faith was his weapon- He had more Faith than an entire Nation.The word "Nation", is translated from the Hebrew word #524, "ummah" which is a community of people , clan or tribe.
The faith of Israel at that time was weak. Would you say that because of the tolerance of sin in this nation, (example USA) , that Christianity ranks weak in this day and age?
Saul wanted David to wear weapons and armor over his physical body. David of course refused. 1 Sam 17:45- Then David said to the Philistine, “You come to me with a sword, with a spear, and with a javelin. But I come to you in the name of the Lord of hosts, the God of the armies of Israel, whom you have defied. Now That's FAITH!!!! I believed in Ephesians 6:12 before it was ever spoken by Paul or read about in OT. Eph 6:12- For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places. Faith is Victory folks!!!!!
David has "NO DEFENSE,"
David did not need it, they called it back in that time an "armor bearer." Goliath never had a chance to attack because nothing could stop the power of God from taking him down that day, 1Sam 17:50-So David prevailed over the Philistine with a sling and a stone, and struck the Philistine and killed him. But there was no sword in the hand of David.
With our complete faith in God for Victory, the battle belongs to Him, no matter the size!the enemy will not have a fighting chance! No matter how big your giant is in your life , it is not too big for God!
2 Corinthians 10:4
For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal but mighty in God for pulling down strongholds,
Is faith your weapon?
Make sure angry words are not your weapon and make sure gossip is not either. Wow, God is really speaking to us through the example He made of David the earthly king and the foreshadowing of the Coming Messiah the Kings of Kings and Lord over All Nations!
David Encouraged his Nation.
David was indeed a Warrior! The Phillistine's panicked and ran . Israel had their faith lifted and strengthened . The pursued the Phillistine's, and destroyed them. Lets look at this from a spiritual standpoint in our lives today.
With as the Bible says "the faith of a mustard seed, we can move a mountain." we can move even the biggest mountain in our lives, so imagine as we grow in Christ , in God's word and through all the storms of our lives, how much more we can move.
Matthew 17:20
So Jesus said to them, “Because of your unbelief; for assuredly, I say to you, if you have faith as a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you.

The power of God working in us brings us victory! The battle belongs to Him! We become stronger as each day passes , battle after battle , we come out stronger and another level of holiness is ours when we come out praising God giving Him the Glory and continuing to grow in His presence everyday ! We can move a lot bigger Giant' s in our lives through the Mighty Power of a Living God!!!! By His Grace and His Spirit we are sustained each day, and through our faith and trust in Him we will be Victorious!
We do have a spiritual armor ,that I believe David knew he had all along. This is a song he sang in 2 Sam that proves it. 2 Samuel 22 New King James Version (NKJV)
Praise for God’s Deliverance

22 Then David spoke to the Lord the words of this song, on the day when the Lord had delivered him from the hand of all his enemies, and from the hand of Saul. 2 And he said:

“The Lord is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer;
The God of my strength, in whom I will trust;
My shield and the horn of my salvation,
My stronghold and my refuge;
My Savior, You save me from violence.
I will call upon the Lord, who is worthy to be praised;
So shall I be saved from my enemies.

“When the waves of death surrounded me,
The floods of ungodliness made me afraid.
The sorrows of Sheol surrounded me;
The snares of death confronted me.
In my distress I called upon the Lord,
And cried out to my God;
He heard my voice from His temple,
And my cry entered His ears.

“Then the earth shook and trembled;
The foundations of heaven quaked and were shaken,
Because He was angry.
Smoke went up from His nostrils,
And devouring fire from His mouth;
Coals were kindled by it.
He bowed the heavens also, and came down
With darkness under His feet.
He rode upon a cherub, and flew;
And He was seen upon the wings of the wind.
He made darkness canopies around Him,
Dark waters and thick clouds of the skies.
From the brightness before Him
Coals of fire were kindled.

“The Lord thundered from heaven,
And the Most High uttered His voice.
He sent out arrows and scattered them;
Lightning bolts, and He vanquished them.
Then the channels of the sea were seen,
The foundations of the world were uncovered,
At the rebuke of the Lord,
At the blast of the breath of His nostrils.

“He sent from above, He took me,
He drew me out of many waters.
He delivered me from my strong enemy,
From those who hated me;
For they were too strong for me.
They confronted me in the day of my calamity,
But the Lord was my support.
He also brought me out into a broad place;
He delivered me because He delighted in me.

“The Lord rewarded me according to my righteousness;
According to the cleanness of my hands
He has recompensed me.
For I have kept the ways of the Lord,
And have not wickedly departed from my God.
For all His judgments were before me;
And as for His statutes, I did not depart from them.
I was also blameless before Him,
And I kept myself from my iniquity.
Therefore the Lord has recompensed me according to my righteousness,
According to my cleanness in His eyes.[d]

“With the merciful You will show Yourself merciful;
With a blameless man You will show Yourself blameless;
With the pure You will show Yourself pure;
And with the devious You will show Yourself shrewd.
You will save the humble people;
But Your eyes are on the haughty, that You may bring them down.

“For You are my lamp, O Lord;
The Lord shall enlighten my darkness.
For by You I can run against a troop;
By my God I can leap over a wall.
As for God, His way is perfect;
The word of the Lord is proven;
He is a shield to all who trust in Him.

“For who is God, except the Lord?
And who is a rock, except our God?
God is my strength and power,[e]
And He makes my[f] way perfect.
He makes my[g] feet like the feet of deer,
And sets me on my high places.
He teaches my hands to make war,
So that my arms can bend a bow of bronze.

“You have also given me the shield of Your salvation;
Your gentleness has made me great.
You enlarged my path under me;
So my feet did not slip.

“I have pursued my enemies and destroyed them;
Neither did I turn back again till they were destroyed.
And I have destroyed them and wounded them,
So that they could not rise;
They have fallen under my feet.
For You have armed me with strength for the battle;
You have subdued under me those who rose against me.
You have also given me the necks of my enemies,
So that I destroyed those who hated me.
They looked, but there was none to save;
Even to the Lord, but He did not answer them.
Then I beat them as fine as the dust of the earth;
I trod them like dirt in the streets,
And I spread them out.

“You have also delivered me from the striving's of my people;
You have kept me as the head of the nations.
A people I have not known shall serve me.
The foreigners submit to me;
As soon as they hear, they obey me.
The foreigners fade away,
And come frightened[h] from their hideouts.

“The Lord lives!
Blessed be my Rock!
Let God be exalted,
The Rock of my salvation!
It is God who avenges me,
And subdues the peoples under me;
He delivers me from my enemies.
You also lift me up above those who rise against me;
You have delivered me from the violent man.
Therefore I will give thanks to You, O Lord, among the Gentiles,
And sing praises to Your name.

“He is the tower of salvation to His king,
And shows mercy to His anointed,
To David and his descendants forevermore.”
1Sam17:51-52-- 51 Therefore David ran and stood over the Philistine, took his sword and drew it out of its sheath and killed him, and cut off his head with it.

And when the Philistines saw that their champion was dead, they fled. COURAGEOUS ONCE AGAIN!!!!
David's integrity was real, his determination and faith in Almighty God became the Salvation of an entire Nation of Israel! (Judah) Will you make faith your one and only weapon to fight the wiles of the devil and giants in your life.?? Let's not confuse the wiles of the evil one with our own bad choices, not all are attacks! There are far too many weak willed pew warming Christians who do nothing for God. Ps. 26:11 But as for me, I will walk in my integrity;
Redeem me and be merciful to me.
There thousands of home bound Christians all over the world who do more to serve the Lord's Kingdom than those who go to Church every Sunday and never miss any time the doors are open. These home bounds share the Gospel daily, prayer warriors, so many playing an important part in lifting up those who are lost and depressed and weak and need daily encouragement!You do not have to have your name up in lights or hang with the Pastor of the Month to Glorify God , touch even the least of these and you touch Christ Jesus our Lord!
Psalm 119:174---David's Passion- I long for Your salvation, O Lord,
And Your law is my delight.
Psalm 37:4--I long for Your salvation, O Lord,
The word of God was David's passion. He delighted in God's word and prayer every morning. Christians today are so blessed to have the Canon of the Word. Psalm 1 tells us three steps of how to use God's Word to it's fullest to live a genuine Christian life. Builds our Faith and helps us in becoming Christ like.
Psalm1:2-But his delight is in the law of the Lord,
And in His law he meditates day and night.
Matt 5:6 Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness,
For they shall be filled.
Jesus taught from the Old Testament Psalm :119:103
How sweet are Your words to my taste,
Sweeter than honey to my mouth!
The problem among Christians today is not that "the Bible is hard to understand", but the lack of hunger and thirst for the word. They would much rather be spoon fed by the words of man than to search the the scriptures and study for the truth!.
The Bereans knew how to study. Acts 17:11.These were more fair-minded than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness, and searched the Scriptures daily to find out whether these things were so.
They chose to do this on their own. Paul did not give them homework. They wanted to make sure it was truth being told to them. Do you spend more time reading books and newspapers than God's word? Christian books are ok but they are not "God's breath in writing." 2 Tim 2:15- Be diligent to present yourself approved to God, a worker who does not need to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.
Meditate on His Word as David did, he gained wisdom, closeness, comfort, strength, joy,etc. from a Mighty God as well. Psalm 19:7-9-
If we apply the word to our daily life, we can be as David was ,wise ,joyful,pure,righteous, more so I would like to stress: " Being Imitators of Christ."
Psalm 119- David uses words to refer to specific attributes of the word of God . This entire psalm speaks of His tender mercies and the Power and truth of His word!!! It is a Lamp unto our feet and a light unto our path! We still have freedom to read and study it this very day. There will come a famine on the land ,if we are still here we may not be able to do it. Not a famine of edible food , but a famine of His word being taken from us , so now is the time to lodge it in our hearts. It is our weapon against the powers of Darkness and the Giants in our lives!
God's word is full of Testimonies(proof) of Himself., His Love, His Holiness, and His other attributes. Here are some examples for you to meditate in your quiet time with Him. Heb 11:1-faith, Isa 42:8-God, Rom 5:2-sin, 2Pet-flood,John3:16-God's love, 1Tim 3:16-Christ atonement, Eph4:30-Evidence of Holy Spirit.
Here are examples of His precepts: mandates, an official order to do something He has commissioned us to do.
. Gen1:22-28, Exodus 5:1and 7:16, Exodus 20:3-117.
This concludes the second part of this study of the life of David and it's application into our lives as soldiers in the army of the Lord God. David was an example of what was to come, He was a foreshadowing of Christ ,but with a whole lot more battles and a flesh that was under temptation just like ours. We see in the coming weeks how He and God dealt with this , his Faith and heart for God was His saving Grace. The next lesson following David will be a complete and thorough study of Psalm 119! David speaks of God the father , God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit and all the attributes here and used them so ,much during his reign as king. God Bless You all In Christ Jesus, Love Truth!

David "A Man after God's own Heart."

We need more Shepherds to Glorify God today., not to bring in large crowds , or to please everyone or to impress others. We need them to Glorify God!
David was shocked that the Israelites were sitting fearful and sitting back allowing the Phillistines and Goliath defy the One True Living God! He was not going to tolerate this so he took a stand and won!
There was only two responses he received when he tooka stand for His God, and those will be the ones we get as well. Are you willing to take reproach for Christ???
David was Criticized for having the integrity to stand for the Almighty by one group. Davids own brother Eliab was one of them in 1 Sam-17:28. 28 Now Eliab his oldest brother heard when he spoke to the men; and Eliab’s anger was aroused against David, and he said, “Why did you come down here? And with whom have you left those few sheep in the wilderness? I know your pride and the insolence of your heart, for you have come down to see the battle.”
David did not abandon the sheep, he left them with the keeper. 1 Sam 17:20- 20 So David rose early in the morning, left the sheep with a keeper, and took the things and went as Jesse had commanded him. And he came to the camp as the army was going out to the fight and shouting for the battle.
2) Eliab did not know David's heart. 3) David did not come down to see the battle, he went to take food to his brothers as his father told him to. Criticism usually comes from those closest to you.
Eliab was the oldest, David the youngest. Those who exalt themselves over the younger, may live to see themselves abased and the abused exalted. A time may come when the elder may serve the younger. Eliab was full of jealousy for David's honor that he was given in the court. He thought because he was the older sibling he shouls have glory and triumph. There you go, another Saul attitude!-
David was falsely criticized for his dedication to God Almighty! Some people are so self centerd and selfish, they are not concerned with who God uses or by what means if it does NOT bring Glory to them! Eliab's weak character showed it'self in this situation quite clearly.
Daivid is "COMMENDED"
He took Goliath's head before King Saul.He only looked at David's outward appearance and the size of Goliath's head. God saw David's integrity abd He was going to put it to use. 1Sam17:33- And Saul said to David, “You are not able to go against this Phillistine to fight with him; for you are a youth, and he a man of war from his youth.” 1Sam 17:37 - Moreover David said, “The Lord, who delivered me from the paw of the lion and from the paw of the bear, He will deliver me from the hand of this Philistine.”
{Saul then commended him.}
And Saul said to David, “Go, and the Lord be with you!”
Popular Christianity today is weak, tolerable, worldly and completely distasteful to God. We need believers who will stand for the Gospel of Christ and fight for the cause of Christ with fire in thier hearts, for God's honor and glory.
Lets now discuss the weapons David had!
1) Faith was his weapon- He had more Faith than an entire Nation.The word "Nation", is translated from the Hebrew word #524, "ummah" which is a community of people , clan or tribe.
The faith of Israel at that time was weak. Would you say that because of the tolerance of sin in this nation, (example USA) , that Christianity ranks weak in this day and age?
Saul wanted David to wear weapons and armor over his physical body. David of course refused. 1 Sam 17:45- Then David said to the Philistine, “You come to me with a sword, with a spear, and with a javelin. But I come to you in the name of the Lord of hosts, the God of the armies of Israel, whom you have defied. Now That's FAITH!!!! I believed in Ephesians 6:12 before it was ever spoken by Paul or read about in OT. Eph 6:12- For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places. Faith is Victory folks!!!!!
David has "NO DEFENSE,"
David did not need it, they called it back in that time an "armor bearer." Goliath never had a chance to attack because nothing could stop the power of God from taking him down that day, 1Sam 17:50-So David prevailed over the Philistine with a sling and a stone, and struck the Philistine and killed him. But there was no sword in the hand of David.
With our complete faith in God for Victory, the battle belongs to Him, no matter the size!the enemy will not have a fighting chance! No matter how big your giant is in your life , it is not too big for God!
2 Corinthians 10:4
For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal but mighty in God for pulling down strongholds,
Is faith your weapon?
Make sure angry words are not your weapon and make sure gossip is not either. Wow, God is really speaking to us through the example He made of David the earthly king and the foreshadowing of the Coming Messiah the Kings of Kings and Lord over All Nations!
David Encouraged his Nation.
David was indeed a Warrior! The Phillistines panicked and ran . Israel had thier faith lifted and strengthened . The persued the Phillistines, and destroyed them. Lets look at this from a spiritual standpoint in our lives today.
With as the Bible says "the faith of a mustard seed, we can move a mountain." we can move even the biggest mountain in our lives, so imagine as we grow in Christ , in God's word and through all the storms of our lives, how much more we can move.
Matthew 17:20
So Jesus said to them, “Because of your unbelief; for assuredly, I say to you, if you have faith as a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you.

The power of God working in us brings us victory! The battle belongs to Him! We become stronger as each day passes , battle after battle , we come out stronger and another level of holiness is ours when we come out praisng God giving Him the Glory and continuing to grow in His presence everyday ! We can move a lot bigger Giant' s in our lives through the Mighty Power of a Living God!!!! By His Grace and His Spirit we are sustained each day, and through our faith and trust in Him we will be Victorious!
We do have a spiritual armor ,that I believe David knew he had all along. This is a song he sang in 2 Sam that proves it. 2 Samuel 22 New King James Version (NKJV)
Praise for God’s Deliverance

22 Then David spoke to the Lord the words of this song, on the day when the Lord had delivered him from the hand of all his enemies, and from the hand of Saul. 2 And he said:

“The Lord is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer;
The God of my strength, in whom I will trust;
My shield and the horn of my salvation,
My stronghold and my refuge;
My Savior, You save me from violence.
I will call upon the Lord, who is worthy to be praised;
So shall I be saved from my enemies.

“When the waves of death surrounded me,
The floods of ungodliness made me afraid.
The sorrows of Sheol surrounded me;
The snares of death confronted me.
In my distress I called upon the Lord,
And cried out to my God;
He heard my voice from His temple,
And my cry entered His ears.

“Then the earth shook and trembled;
The foundations of heaven quaked and were shaken,
Because He was angry.
Smoke went up from His nostrils,
And devouring fire from His mouth;
Coals were kindled by it.
He bowed the heavens also, and came down
With darkness under His feet.
He rode upon a cherub, and flew;
And He was seen upon the wings of the wind.
He made darkness canopies around Him,
Dark waters and thick clouds of the skies.
From the brightness before Him
Coals of fire were kindled.

“The Lord thundered from heaven,
And the Most High uttered His voice.
He sent out arrows and scattered them;
Lightning bolts, and He vanquished them.
Then the channels of the sea were seen,
The foundations of the world were uncovered,
At the rebuke of the Lord,
At the blast of the breath of His nostrils.

“He sent from above, He took me,
He drew me out of many waters.
He delivered me from my strong enemy,
From those who hated me;
For they were too strong for me.
They confronted me in the day of my calamity,
But the Lord was my support.
He also brought me out into a broad place;
He delivered me because He delighted in me.

“The Lord rewarded me according to my righteousness;
According to the cleanness of my hands
He has recompensed me.
For I have kept the ways of the Lord,
And have not wickedly departed from my God.
For all His judgments were before me;
And as for His statutes, I did not depart from them.
I was also blameless before Him,
And I kept myself from my iniquity.
Therefore the Lord has recompensed me according to my righteousness,
According to my cleanness in His eyes.[d]

“With the merciful You will show Yourself merciful;
With a blameless man You will show Yourself blameless;
With the pure You will show Yourself pure;
And with the devious You will show Yourself shrewd.
You will save the humble people;
But Your eyes are on the haughty, that You may bring them down.

“For You are my lamp, O Lord;
The Lord shall enlighten my darkness.
For by You I can run against a troop;
By my God I can leap over a wall.
As for God, His way is perfect;
The word of the Lord is proven;
He is a shield to all who trust in Him.

“For who is God, except the Lord?
And who is a rock, except our God?
God is my strength and power,[e]
And He makes my[f] way perfect.
He makes my[g] feet like the feet of deer,
And sets me on my high places.
He teaches my hands to make war,
So that my arms can bend a bow of bronze.

“You have also given me the shield of Your salvation;
Your gentleness has made me great.
You enlarged my path under me;
So my feet did not slip.

“I have pursued my enemies and destroyed them;
Neither did I turn back again till they were destroyed.
And I have destroyed them and wounded them,
So that they could not rise;
They have fallen under my feet.
For You have armed me with strength for the battle;
You have subdued under me those who rose against me.
You have also given me the necks of my enemies,
So that I destroyed those who hated me.
They looked, but there was none to save;
Even to the Lord, but He did not answer them.
Then I beat them as fine as the dust of the earth;
I trod them like dirt in the streets,
And I spread them out.

“You have also delivered me from the strivings of my people;
You have kept me as the head of the nations.
A people I have not known shall serve me.
The foreigners submit to me;
As soon as they hear, they obey me.
The foreigners fade away,
And come frightened[h] from their hideouts.

“The Lord lives!
Blessed be my Rock!
Let God be exalted,
The Rock of my salvation!
It is God who avenges me,
And subdues the peoples under me;
He delivers me from my enemies.
You also lift me up above those who rise against me;
You have delivered me from the violent man.
Therefore I will give thanks to You, O Lord, among the Gentiles,
And sing praises to Your name.

“He is the tower of salvation to His king,
And shows mercy to His anointed,
To David and his descendants forevermore.”
1Sam17:51-52-- 51 Therefore David ran and stood over the Philistine, took his sword and drew it out of its sheath and killed him, and cut off his head with it.

And when the Philistines saw that their champion was dead, they fled. COURAGEOUS ONCE AGAIN!!!!
David's integrity was real, his determination and faith in Almighty God became the Salvation of an entire Nation of Israel! (Judah) Will you make faith your one and only weapon to fight the wiles of the devil and giants in your life.?? Let's not confuse the wiles of the evil one with our own bad choices, not all are attacks! There are far too many weak willed pew warming Christians who do nothing for God. ps 26:11 But as for me, I will walk in my integrity;
Redeem me and be merciful to me.
There thousands of home bound Christians all over the world who do more to serve the Lord's Kingdom than those who go to Church every Sunday and never miss any time the doors are open. These home bounds share the Gospel daily, prayer warriors, so many playing an important part in lifting up thoe who are lost and depressed and weak and need daily encouragement!You do not have to have your name up in lights or hang with the Pastor of the Month to Glorify God , touch even the least of these and you touch Christ Jesus our Lord!
Psalm 119:174---David's Passsion- I long for Your salvation, O Lord,
Psalm 37:4--I long for Your salvation, O Lord,
The word of God was David's passion. He delighted in God's word and prayer every morning. Christians today are so blessed to have the Canon of the Word. Psalm 1 tells us three steps of how to use God's Word to it's fullest to live a genuine Christian life. Builds our Faith and helps us in becoming Christ like.
Psalm1:2-But his delight is in the law of the Lord,
And in His law he meditates day and night.
Matt 5:6 Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness,
For they shall be filled.
Jesus taught from the Old Testament Psalm :119:103
How sweet are Your words to my taste,
Sweeter than honey to my mouth!
The problem among Christians today is not that "the Bible is hard to understand", but the lack of hunger and thirst for the word. They would much rather be spoon fed by the words of man than to search the the scriptures and study for the truth!.
The Bereans knew how to study. Acts 17:11.These were more fair-minded than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness, and searched the Scriptures daily to find out whether these things were so.
They chose to do this on thier own. Paul did not give them homework. They wanted to make sure it was truth being told to them. Do you spend more time reading books and newspapers than God's word? Christian books are ok but they are not "God's breath in writing." 2 Tim 2:15- Be diligent to present yourself approved to God, a worker who does not need to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.
Meditate on His Word as David did, he gained wisdom, closeness, comfort, strength, joy,etc. from a Mighty God as well. Psalm 19:7-9-
If we apply the word to our daily life, we can be as David was ,wise ,joyful,pure,righteous, more so I would like to stress: " Being Imitators of Christ."
Psalm 119- David uses words to refer to specific attributes of the word of God . This entire psalm speaks of His tender mercies and the Power and truth of His word!!! It is a Lamp unto our feet and a light unto our path! We still have freedom to read and study it this very day. There will come a famine on the land ,if we are still here we may not be able to do it. Not a famine of edible food , but a famine of His word being taken from us , so now is the time to lodge it in our hearts. It is our weapon against the powers of Darkness and the Giants in our lives!
God's word is full of Testimonies(proof) of Himself., His Love, His Holiness, and His other attributes. Here are some examples for you to meditate in your quiet time with Him. Heb 11:1-faith, Isa 42:8-God, Rom 5:2-sin, 2Pet-flood,John3:16-God's love, 1Tim 3:16-Christ atonement, Eph4:30-Evidence of Holy Spirit.
Here are examples of His precepts: mandates, an official order to do something He has commissioned us to do.
. Gen1:22-28, Exodus 5:1and 7:16, Exodus 20:3-117.
This concludes the second part of this study of the life of David and it's application into our lives as soldiers in the amy of the Lord God. David was an example of what was to come, He was a foreshadowing of Christ ,but with a whole lot loe battles and a flesh that was under temptation just like ours. We see in the coming weeks how He and God dealt with this , his Faith and heart for God was His saving Grace. The next lesson following David will be a complete and thorough study of Psalm 119! David speaks of God the father , God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit and all the attributes here and used them so ,much during his reign as king. God Bless You all In Christ Jesus, Love Truth!

sunsets
CR Coach SP
CR Coach SP

Re: David "A Man after God's own Heart" Part 2

Post by sunsets » Mon May 23, 2016 11:41 pm

Thank you for posting this wonderful Bible study, Truth! I did not realize you were teaching the Psalms on Sunday nights! I will attempt to come after Church! GOD BLESS YOU!
"I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me." Galatians 2:20

strongTower
CR member
CR member

Re: David "A Man after God's own Heart" Part 2

Post by strongTower » Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:48 pm

Amen Truth wonderful bible study been doing reading on David i love his humble heart toward God !!
Proverbs 18
10 The name of the LORD is a strong tower: the righteous runneth into it, and is safe

Return to “Sunday Night Bible Study”