David "A man after God's own Heart" part 3.

truth
Bible Leader SP
Bible Leader SP

David "A man after God's own Heart" part 3.

Post by truth » Mon Mar 14, 2016 1:56 pm

David "A Man after God's own Heart " Part 3.

Good evening brothers and sisters ,to Sunday evening Bible study and welcome!! I will be filling in for Igotsunshine for a few weeks as I have said before so we are doing our study on David. I would like this time to review a few things from last week and then move on. The things we discuss in this lesson may seem like they do not pertain to David, but they certainly do, they show how he became so faithful to a Living God who shaped him and used him as he so chose for His good Will and Purpose and we can allow God to use us , this will teach us not to choose what we thinks is best for us to do , but what God knows is best for us to do for His Glory!!!
As we continue on this learning journey into the life of King David, we will see the way's he sought after God's own heart. We can follow so many examples of how he obeyed by faith in his Living Master! A true foreshadowing of the Obedience that took Christ all the way to the Cross and Ressurection for you , me , and all of mankind! Here are some testimonies of truth that are a witness in God's Word. The Bible is full of evidences.
The evidence of sin Rom 5:12- Therefore, just as through one man sin entered the world, and death through sin, and thus death spread to all men, because all sinned.
The evidence of the flood 2Peter 3:5-6 - 5 For this they willfully forget: that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of water and in the water, 6 by which the world that then existed perished, being flooded with water.
Evidence of God's Love John 3:16- For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.
The evidence of Christ attonement 1Tim3:16- And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness:

God was manifested in the flesh,
Justified in the Spirit,
Seen by angels,
Preached among the Gentiles,
Believed on in the world,
Received up in glory.
The evidence of the Holy Spirit Eph 4:30- And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, by whom you were sealed for the day of redemption.
PRECEPTS--Official order or commission to do something.
Be fruitful and multiply Gen1:22- And God blessed them, saying, “Be fruitful and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let birds multiply on the earth.”
Let My People go Ex5:1-Afterward Moses and Aaron went in and told Pharaoh, “Thus says the Lord God of Israel: ‘Let My people go, that they may hold a feast to Me in the wilderness.’”
Ex7:16- And you shall say to him, ‘The Lord God of the Hebrews has sent me to you, saying, “Let My people go, that they may serve Me in the wilderness”; but indeed, until now you would not hear!
There are many, many more if you search the scritptures!!!
A Commission is a task, a commandment is an order. Extremely similar. A Commandment is an oder that must be obeyed no matter what. The Ten Commandments were commissioned and then commanded.
STATUTES- comes from the Hebrew word "Choq"#2706(73)means an appointment or allotment, mandates of law. God has appointments in His Word. Are you meeting these appointments? Here below lets take a look at some of the examples in scripture of some of these appointments:
Salvation 1Thess5:9- For God did not appoint us to wrath, but to obtain salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ,
Afflictions 1Thess 3:3 that no one should be shaken by these afflictions; for you yourselves know that we are appointed to this.
Psalm34:19-Many are the afflictions of the righteous,
But the Lord delivers him out of them all.
Preacher 2Tim1:11- to which I was appointed a preacher, an apostle, and a teacher of the Gentiles.
To Die Hebrew 9:27- And as it is appointed for men to die once, but after this the judgment,
Give an account to God Romans 14:12-So then each of us shall give account of himself to God.
The Rapture 1Thess 4:15-17- For this we say to you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive and remain until the coming of the Lord will by no means precede those who are asleep. 16 For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. 17 Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord.
The judgment seat of Christ Rom14:10- But why do you judge your brother? Or why do you show contempt for your brother? For we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ.
2Cor5:10- For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, that each one may receive the things done in the body, according to what he has done, whether good or bad.
Exodus 9:4-5-And the Lord will make a difference between the livestock of Israel and the livestock of Egypt. So nothing shall die of all that belongs to the children of Israel.” 5 Then the Lord appointed a set time, saying, “Tomorrow the Lord will do this thing in the land.”
Luke 22:29- And I bestow upon you a kingdom, just as My Father bestowed one upon Me, 30 that you may eat and drink at My table in My kingdom, and sit on thrones judging the twelve tribes of Israel.”
These can be very important to our lives and our Christian walk, but we have to search for them in order to see them and apply them daily.
Judgments= Justice.
The meaning could be "a verdict announced judicially, like a sentence or formal decree, plus the act , the place, the suit, the crime, and the penalty. Here are one examples from Scripture:
Judgment for Adam and Eve's sin Gen3:16-19-
To the woman He said:

“I will greatly multiply your sorrow and your conception;
In pain you shall bring forth children;
Your desire shall be for your husband,
And he shall rule over you.”

17 Then to Adam He said, “Because you have heeded the voice of your wife, and have eaten from the tree of which I commanded you, saying, ‘You shall not eat of it’:

“Cursed is the ground for your sake;
In toil you shall eat of it
All the days of your life.
Both thorns and thistles it shall bring forth for you,
And you shall eat the herb of the field.
In the sweat of your face you shall eat bread
Till you return to the ground,
For out of it you were taken;
For dust you are,
And to dust you shall return.”
Matthew 26:28- For this is My blood of the new covenant, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.
Genesis 3:21
Also for Adam and his wife the Lord God made tunics of skin, and clothed them.
This was the first shedding of blood for sin that took place in the garden of Eden. Another foreshadowing of the gift of salvation which was to come " the Blood Covenant for the remission of sins"! The one time Sacrifice!
Lucifers sin Isaiah 14:15- Yet you shall be brought down to Sheol,
To the lowest depths of the Pit.
David's sin 2Sam 12:10-Now therefore, the sword shall never depart from your house, because you have despised Me, and have taken the wife of Uriah the Hittite to be your wife.’
Forgiven , but forever will reap what he sowed out of disobedience! We may be forgiven folks but we will always suffer the consequences of our sin. Our sin does not just affect us it is against God and it affects others around us and many to come after us ! Just as it did David.
Romans 6:23-For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
God's justice is all throughout Scripture. There are also "general commands" given in Scripture that we must know. Here are a few:
Pray without ceasing 1Thess 5:17
Grieve not the Holy Spirit Ephesians 4:30
Love God will all Your Heart Mind and Soul Proverbs 3:5
Love Your enemies Matthew 5:44
Put on the Lord Jesus Christ Romans 13-14
Walk in the Spirit Galations 5:16
These apply to us today in order to walk in Christ we have to put on the mind of Christ daily through His word and have Knowledge and Understanding of His Commands! Whether big or small!
Here are some commands given to a specific person or group that does not apply to us today:
Noah 6:14-4 Make yourself an ark of gopherwood; make rooms in the ark, and cover it inside and outside with pitch.
Adam and Eve Gen 2:17-But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil you shall not eat, for in the day that you eat of it you shall surely die.”
Abraham Gen 12:1- 12 Now the Lord had said to Abram:

“Get out of your country,
From your family
And from your father’s house,
To a land that I will show you.
and many many more.
Promises from God are in Scripture too! he does not lie. 2Peter 1:4-by which have been given to us exceedingly great and precious promises, that through these you may be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.
Rom. 10:13- For “whoever calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved.”
Jer.33:3- ‘Call to Me, and I will answer you, and show you great and mighty things, which you do not know.’ 1Cor13:8 Love never fails. But whether there are prophecies, they will fail; whether there are tongues, they will cease; whether there is knowledge, it will vanish away.
Lam3:22-Through the Lord’s mercies we are not consumed,
Because His compassions fail not.
1Cor1:9- God is faithful, by whom you were called into the fellowship of His Son, Jesus Christ our Lord.
1Cor10:13- No temptation has overtaken you except such as is common to man; but God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will also make the way of escape, that you may be able to bear it.
Hebrews 13:5-No temptation has overtaken you except such as is common to man; but God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will also make the way of escape, that you may be able to bear it.
We have gone over all of these things to prepare for how David became so close to God and imitated the coming Messiah.
His faith grew stronger everyday of his life even through his failures and sin and afflictions. He used every bit of knowledge and precepts statutes, prayer, commands, etc that God supplied for his task as King. God's weapon's are His Word. God's Word was David's Passion! Is it your passion? Is there something else that you put before God's word? Beware of making idols before God's Word. God calls, His Son, and His Word. Rev 19:3-
He was clothed with a robe dipped in blood, and His name is called The Word of God.
David's Trials
David learned to trust thr Lord early in life. The Lord became his refuge and help in troubled times.
Psalm 3:1Lord, how they have increased who trouble me!
Many are they who rise up against me.
Many are they who say of me,
“There is no help for him in God.” Selah

But You, O Lord, are a shield for me,
My glory and the One who lifts up my head.
David faced many trials and so will you. Trials range from fiery fierce, to small burdens. How did he respond and how should you?
Jam1:2-My brethren, count it all joy when you fall into various trials, When trials come God wants us to rejoice, it then brings us to another level of Holiness and growth. Recognize that your faith is being tested.
James 1:3- Knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience. James 1:4- But let patience have its perfect work, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking nothing.
You can say you have a lot of strong faith but God will test you to see if you really do. Sometimes trials are the only way He can get our attention.
Romans 8:28-And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose.
David had enemies, Saul tried many times to kill him. There was also Shimei and many more!
David never retaliated! Psalm 23:5
You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies; You anoint my head with oil; My cup runs over.
Psalm 18:48
He delivers me from my enemies. You also lift me up above those who rise against me; You have delivered me from the violent man.
He surrounded himself with true friendships like Jonathan. What kind of a friend are you? Do you encourage? Build up? Defend? Protect? Do you help fulfill their sinful desires? Do you stand by and do nothing while they pursue the world? Are you a good friend or a Godly friend?
Do you surround yourself with wise men and women in Christ who hold you accountable like David did, or fools who glorify themselves all the time? Your friends will make or break you . This concludes part three of many of the rest of the lessons in the study of David! See you next week, as we see that David imitated Christ in so many ways ! We need to be imitators of Christ daily. His return is sooner than we think! God Bless You all.

Return to “Sunday Night Bible Study”