Moderator: Igotsunshine

AngelPromise
CR member
CR member

Total Devotion ... Devotionals Just for Teens

Post by AngelPromise » Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:43 am

TOTAL DEVOTION DAY 1

Total Devotion

Until the day you expire- or at least until so far- off future point when you misplace all your mental marbles-you'll remember the date 9-11-2001. Deeply scratched in the memories of yiou and your every peer is the day nineteen hijackers-driven by a wickedly twisted dedication-killed thousands.
Don't mistake what the terrorists did for total devotion. A way better name for it is full-blown deviation. The terrorists aimed to show the world why their cause was worth murdering and dying for. But they couldn't have made clearer to us why Christ is worth living for.

Read Romans 12:1

1 Therefore, I urge you, brothers and sisters, in view of God’s mercy, to offer your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God—this is your true and proper worship. (NIV)

What kind of commitment does Jesus want from you?

The 9/11 terrorists lived out such a warped style of commitment that you can just look at what they did, then do the exact opposite:
*You aren't trying to earn heaven as a suicide killer. God offers you eternal life as a free gift.
*You aren't aflame with viciousness. Your commitment to Jesus overwhelms you with compassion.
*You don't slog for a faraway, foreboding God. You lovingly serve the Savior who walked in your shoes and died in your place.
*You don't unleash death on the innocent. You usher the guilty into life.

Total devotion isn't a one-shot suicide mission. it's an attitude you can adopt this instant and apply moment by moment. it's a joy-jazzed offering of your whole self to God. it's clinging tight to the Lord of the universe and letting him reign over every suare inch of yoru life.
And when you consider what Jesus has done for you-giving you breath, evernal life, and everything in between- you know in your heart he deserves nothing less
You're no dead fool. You're a living sacrifice. That's total devotion.

AngelPromise
CR member
CR member

Re: Total Devotion ... Devotionals Just for Teens

Post by AngelPromise » Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:57 pm

TOTAL DEVOTION DAY 2
If You Snooze You Lose

Just as Keri Slapped the snooze button on her alarm clock for the third time, her mom knocked on her bedroom door and hollered to see if shw was awake. "It's eight o'clock, Keri. We leave for church in half an hour."
By the time Keri dragged herself into the kitchen, she was primed to whine. "Why do we have to do this? Can't we take a few Sundays off? You and Dad should go by yourselves. You like it." Keri thought Sunday school was okay. She just chatted with her friends while the teacher droned on. By a second hour in a church service made her bonkers. Keri's parents weren't amused by her organ imitation-moaning like a cow in labor- and Keri couldn't figure out why the pastor got so worked up about everything.
Pme pf these days, Keri told herself, I'm staying home. And I'm not going back.

Read Colossians 1:10

so that you may live a life worthy of the Lord and please him in every way: bearing fruit in every good work, growing in the knowledge of God, (NIV)

Why would anyone want to "please God in every way"?

Before we decide to trust God, we figure that knowing, following, and enjoying God ranks in value right up there with a stash of Happy Meal toys lost in a backyard sandbox. So instead of recognizing God as King of the universe, we rule our own lives. We're God's enemies, rebels against him.
You probally know the facts on how God figured out a way to bring us back to himself. Though we deserve to die for your sins(Romans 6:23~For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.(NIV)), Christ suffered our punishment for us. He died on teh cross in our place so we can be forgiven(Colossians 1:21-23~21 Once you were alienated from God and were enemies in your minds because of your evil behavior. 22 But now he has reconciled you by Christ’s physical body through death to present you holy in his sight, without blemish and free from accusation— 23 if you continue in your faith, established and firm, and do not move from the hope held out in the gospel. This is the gospel that you heard and that has been proclaimed to every creature under heaven, and of which I, Paul, have become a servant. {NIV}).
Once you're sure of those facts, you have a colossal reason to choose total devotion to Jesus. You've admitted, I've been wrong, God. I thoughtg you weren't worth it. iI disobeyed you. I accept the gift of forgiveness and life you offer through Christ. You've become God's friend. Now you can choose daily to follow God because you realize the infinate value of being tight with him. He's rescued you and brought you into his kingdom of love. And he's worth every bit of your life.

DAILY VERSE:

Colossians 1:10~
so that you may live a life worthy of the Lord and please him in every way: bearing fruit in every good work, growing in the knowledge of God,

AngelPromise
CR member
CR member

Post by AngelPromise » Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:01 pm

TOTAL DEVOTION DAY 3

To Die or to Die
"Quit stalling! Get Him!"
Tadd's friends had made a deal- a dare each guy had to do to keep hanging with their group. The test started out as a joke. One by one Tadd's friends had done the deed and passed.
Now it was Tadd's turn to beat someone up for no reason-other than to join the group, that is. His friends got to choose whose head he would turn inside out. They picked Pat.
"He won't even fight back," they reminded Tadd. "He's a wuss."
Tadd more or less agreed with them Pat played the flute. He was strange. He walked, talked, and giggled like a girl. But Tadd had known Pat since kindergarten. He didn't deserve this. But now a bunch of people were waiting for Tadd's first punch.

READ MARK 8:31-38

31 He then began to teach them that the Son of Man must suffer many things and be rejected by the elders, the chief priests and the teachers of the law, and that he must be killed and after three days rise again. 32 He spoke plainly about this, and Peter took him aside and began to rebuke him.
33 But when Jesus turned and looked at his disciples, he rebuked Peter. “Get behind me, Satan!” he said. “You do not have in mind the concerns of God, but merely human concerns.”

The Way of the Cross
34 Then he called the crowd to him along with his disciples and said: “Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross and follow me. 35 For whoever wants to save their life[a] will lose it, but whoever loses their life for me and for the gospel will save it. 36 What good is it for someone to gain the whole world, yet forfeit their soul? 37 Or what can anyone give in exchange for their soul? 38 If anyone is ashamed of me and my words in this adulterous and sinful generation, the Son of Man will be ashamed of them when he comes in his Father’s glory with the holy angels.” (NIV)

What did Jesus say was the toughest thing about following him?

When you choose to follow Jesus, you might get caught between a rock and the ROCK(isaiah 26:4 4 Trust in the LORD forever,
for the LORD, the LORD himself, is the Rock eternal.) If you ignore the demands of your friends, you face humiliation and rejection. Yet if you do wrong-abusing yourself, others,and Jesus-you know God will be less than thrilled.
Either way you die. So what's the use of picking sides?
Jesus bluntly told his disciples that obeying God's plan would mean he would be mocked and killed on the cross. He was still determined to obey God.
And Jesus said that anyone devoted to him must imitate him. Deny oneself and take up the cross. Swap your way for his way- totally. Obey him even when it hurts- even when you feel like you've been pierced with naisl and all you can do is twist in pain.
Aring to stick with Jesus sometimes feels like you've been hung up to die. Tough Stuff. But Jesus promises that his way leads to life.

DAILY VERSE~MARK8:34

Then he called the crowd to him along with his disciples and said: "If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross and follow me."

Kristina
CR member
CR member

Post by Kristina » Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:10 am

Is there more? These are good :shake

Love you sis :bls :BHG

Dexter

Post by Dexter » Sat Dec 03, 2011 7:00 pm

Hey these are awesome we need more please. :gpt

AngelPromise
CR member
CR member

Post by AngelPromise » Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:38 pm

Day 4....Look Out Below

From your perch atop your office tower-all 110 stories of it- you ponder your quick ride to the top. A little lawn-mowing service, a few baby-sitting jobs, some lucrative investments, and whammo- you own a sizable chunk of the world.
You bought a city block. You build a building. It's yours. Downstaris you have a garage packed with cars-Bimmers and Humvees and Ferraris. They're yours. And every one of the thousands of workers in the tower below answers to you. All yours.
Your feet? propped up on the desk. Your nose? Sky-high. Your bank account? Bigger than the gross national product of Bulgaria. You call the shots. You run the show. You're your own boss. And you're only fifteen.
Just wait until you get your driver's license and more away from Mom and Dad.

READ JOHN 12:25-26

The man who loves his life will lose it, while the man who hates his life in this world will keep it for eternal life.Whoever serves me must follow me; and where I am, my servant also will be. My Father will honor the one who serves me.

Who runs your life when you're out and about on your own?

Even if you perch at the tip of the tallest office tower in the world, there still is Someone above you.
Whether your kingdom consists of half a bedroom, a bunk bed, and a few video games- or a dorm, a microwave, and an '88 Honda- or condos, cars, corporations, techno-boys beyond imagination, and the largest CD collection in the world- you're not the master of the universe. You don't even rule your own life.
There's no escape: You serve somebody. The Bible says you're a slave either to what's wrong or to what's right(Romans 6:19 I put this in human terms because you are weak in your natural selves. Just as you used to offer the parts of your body in slavery to impurity and to ever-increasing wickedness, so now offer them in slavery to righteousness leading to holiness.), either to death or to life(Romans 8:6 The mind of sinful man is death, but the mind controlled by the Spirit is life and peace), either to Satan or to God(Ephesians 2:1-10 As for you, you were dead in your transgressions and sins,in which you used to live when you followed the ways of this world and of the ruler of the kingdom of the air, the spirit who is now at work in those who are disobedient.All of us also lived among them at one time, gratifying the cravings of our sinful nature and following its desires and thoughts. Like the rest, we were by nature objects of wrath.But because of his great love for us, God, who is rich in mercy,made us alive with Christ even when we were dead in transgressions--it is by grace you have been saved.And God raised us up with Christ and seated us with him in the heavenly realms in Christ Jesus,in order that in the coming ages he might show the incomparable riches of his grace, expressed in his kindness to us in Christ Jesus.For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith--and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God--not by works, so that no one can boast. For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.)
Trying to run your own life is like leaping off your office tower. You won't fly. Life without God is a death spiral as sure as gravity. But to "hate" life and give yourself back to God-that means to stick close to him, obeying his commands- sends you soaring.
Growing up isn't getting free to finally rule the roost. It's your chance to choose for yourself to follow Jesus- to fly with the real Master of the universe.

Whoever serves me must follow me; and where I am, my servant also will be. My Father will honor the one who serves me. JOHN 12:26

Return to “Teens”