Being Single...some thoughts

A place for Christian singles to discuss relevant issues in their lives.

Moderator: Snowbunny

Igotsunshine
Site Admin
Site Admin

Being Single...some thoughts

Post by Igotsunshine » Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:05 am

Well I guess posting here says it all. I don't like being single personally. Even though there are some advantages. Travel is cheaper if you like that sort of thing. Having the threat of losing a close relationship looming over one's head is no longer an issue. God's will be done I suppose. The thought of being incompatible with one single human being on a planet with 7 billion people seems rather sad to me. Being single and childless has it's challenges. I suppose I should be thrilled.
Isaiah 12:2 “Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and will not be afraid; for the Lord God is my strength and my song, and he has become my salvation.”

Creationsings
CR member
CR member

Re: Being Single...some thoughts

Post by Creationsings » Wed Dec 28, 2011 1:47 pm

I have thought about these things at times also. Getting older and not prospects of a companion or children some times seems hard to bare. However I believe that God can fill any void in my life and that has to include a husband and best friend. I do not have any children on this earth and for that my heart does indeed ache. Maybe that is why I have the pets I do. But I also know that I do have a daughter in Heaven waiting to see me some day.
Being single has its advantages for me in that I have learned that I am capable of so many things on my own(with Gods help). In most of the relationships I have been in I have felt less then able to be myself or do things for myself. I am learning who I really am and the strength, courage, and love I have in Christ. I believe that this is something I have to learn well before I will be a good companion for some one. And I believe that when I am ready and my mate is ready God will bring s together. I am 40 right now but I do not expect to live the rest of my life alone. Just a few of my thoughts.

Return to “Christian Singles”