Marriage a word that has gone the way of the 4 letter word..

TerryzGirl4Ever
CR member
CR member

Marriage a word that has gone the way of the 4 letter word..

Post by TerryzGirl4Ever » Fri Sep 20, 2013 4:17 am

It seems like whenever someone hears you're married who wasn't either raised to believe in the sanctity of marriage or raised in the church where the joining of one man and one woman in matrimony is considered sacred the same question comes up, WHY? Why get married when you can get the same benefits in a relationship without "doing the deed" or any other word used by the world and my answer is because it brings honor to God because He had a purpose for the union of one man and one woman to be a symbol of Jesus and the church but the world is blind and chooses to look past God and see what the devil wants them to, "free will" when really with God we have free will but His free will brings no insecurity where being with someone and not married to them does. Just as without accepting God's Son Jesus as the bond between He and us keeps us from knowing Him not having a bond in marriage with our husband/wife keeps us from knowing each other truly because without that commitment there is uncertainty. I am not saying you have to be married to be certain you are loved but God instituted marriage in the "beginning" when He created Adam and Eve, the first man and first woman. Yes I've been married and I'm sorry to say divorced three times in my life but each time regardless of how I felt about marriage, my marriage was still in God's eyes, sacred. I've never gotten married expecting anything from anyone. All I expected was to be loved, cherished and shown compassion when I needed it. Being a Christian is partnering with God; making a commitment by taking his Son Jesus Christ the bond between God and I learning and growing as I become the person that I was meant to be and a marriage is partnering with a husband or wife; making a commitment by exchanging vows and or rings and learning and growing in the relationship becoming the people they were meant to be together. That's what I think the significance of a marriage is.
When people hear the word marriage it conjures up all kinds of ideas and usually those ideas have nothing to do with the sacredness and sanctity of marriage like it's a four letter word. Marriage should be honored but these days it is so disrespected that the sheer mention of someone being married is more disgusting than the worst four letter word and makes me wonder how long before the union between two people is no longer referred to as a marriage but as a contract between two consenting adults. From the day of my marriage to my husband and every day forward I will honor, cherish and obey my husband and respect the sanctity of our marriage.
Later, love y'all and God bless y'all.

TerryzGirl4Ever a.k.a The "Bohemian Chic Stylist"

Igotsunshine
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Marriage a word that has gone the way of the 4 letter wo

Post by Igotsunshine » Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:49 pm

Marriage is something to me in that you give a gift to someone and expect nothing back. Much like Jesus did. Now if we honor that gift, there will be much blessing BUT, that does not mean little struggle. Our covenant relationship with God in honoring our marriage is much like our relationship with Jesus...through thick and thin. Luckily picking Jesus is a perfect match....choosing a mate, often God is left out in the beginning. That is where I think the failure really comes in. We leave God out in the process of becoming married and expect often God will "bail" us out in the midst of the difficulty. Often we reap what we sow. At least that is my experience in my failed marriages.
Isaiah 12:2 “Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and will not be afraid; for the Lord God is my strength and my song, and he has become my salvation.”

ray
CR member
CR member

Re: Marriage a word that has gone the way of the 4 letter wo

Post by ray » Sat Mar 19, 2016 10:04 pm

I want to say that I disagree.
I cant see that "expect nothing back" would work. Without being allowed to expect commitment, honesty, responsibility, faithfulness, and maybe a few other things, I do not think it would work.
If my wife came and told me "I expect nothing from you", it would be the beginning of the end. How should I handle that she is fine with whatever I do, it makes no difference to her? And would it mean that she expected me to give her the same "freedom"?
What is the idea of a marriage wow, if it cant be expected to be hold?
My conclusion on life is that love and expectations cant be separated.

just my 2 cents

Return to “Parents & Marriage”