Daily Time with God is Crucial!

This forum is a good place to share answers to prayers, inspirations, devotionals, miracles that you have witnessed our read about, special experiences in your life, etc.

Moderator: Snowbunny

sunsets
CR Coach SP
CR Coach SP

Daily Time with God is Crucial!

Post by sunsets » Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:38 pm

We really do live in a time-crunched world and everything we do seems to be urgent. The enemy has been extremely successful in his scheme to keep people from praying, spending time in the Word and with God by keeping us so terribly busy. We live under incredible pressure and we run from one thing to the next to the point that we neglect the things that are really important in life: God, our family, our health, growing in our spiritual lives and helping others. Then we get more and more stressed out, and the only way to deal with that and get life back in order is to get alone with God. It's true, we really cannot handle the pressure, the confusion and the stress of life without Him. Our marriages will suffer, our children will suffer, our finances will suffer, our relationships won't thrive, if we do not spend time in the Word and in prayer every day. God will strengthen us and enable us to handle life peacefully and wisely if we start praying about things instead of merely trying to get through our day. The Bible says that when we take time with God, He renews our strength and enables us to handle life and not be weary. (see Isaiah 40:27-31)
"I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me." Galatians 2:20

strongTower
CR member
CR member

Re: Daily Time with God is Crucial!

Post by strongTower » Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:36 pm

Amen sunsets God daily He renews our strength if we will take the time to worship him and reflect on him daily!!
Proverbs 18
10 The name of the LORD is a strong tower: the righteous runneth into it, and is safe

lemontrees
CR member
CR member

Re: Daily Time with God is Crucial!

Post by lemontrees » Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:36 pm

God is our source of life ... He is our all in all ... In Him we have our strength.
How often do we fail to do the very thing that gives us strength.... We do not realize how important it is to live each day for God.
To be in daily communion is our source of strength... when we are weak and when we are strong, we still need Him.
We need him in our weakness, but just as important, we need him in our strength - to stop us getting arrogant and full of pride.
WHAT IS OUR FIRST THOUGHT WHEN WE GET UP?????
Is it talking to God or putting food in our mouths?
Do we thank God or do we feel grateful for what WE do?
Do we seek solice/peace in Gods Word or in what we have achieved?
Who are we putting first in our lives - Gods desires and wishes OR Our desires and wishes?

One final thought: Seek God and all these other things will be given to you.
This is the day the LORD has made; We will rejoice and be glad in it. - Psalm 118:24
Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in you.
Show me the way I should go, for to you I entrust my life. – Psalm 143:8

Return to “God's at work in your life”